Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dijon mustard

a_chap

When the world came apart, where were you?
Due to a series of particularly poor purchasing decisions we now have three jars of Dijon mustard :facepalm:

Consequently I'm looking for recipe suggestions that will help get rid of the damned stuff. Preferably something more inventive that "Salad dressing"...

Ta

Due to a series of particularly poor purchasing decisions we now have three jars of Dijon mustard :facepalm:

Consequently I'm looking for recipe suggestions that will help get rid of the damned stuff. Preferably something more inventive that "Salad dressing"...

Ta
Make a marinade with it
Make some slaw with it
And of course salad dressings

Thanks for the replies, people.

So far lots of them fall into the category of:
  • use-instead-of-mayonnaise
  • use instead of any damn ingredient the author could think of
  • use it simply as an extra ingredient to make [foodstuff] "super interesting"...
  • especially in marinades
  • and, in Pickman's case, use as a salad dressing

Are there any this-can-only-be-made-with-Dijon-mustard recipes?

Although I am particularly partial to my Colman's English Mustard, there is nothing wrong with Dijon (I just like mustard, basically).

Goes really well with pork chops/loin steaks IMO - use in a glaze before grilling/barbecueing, or make a mustard sauce to go with. This use particularly is for Dijon, not as a substitute IMO.

It also works in cheese based sauces. Cheese sauce needs some mustard, depends what the cheese sauce is for but Dijon goes just fine IMO.

(And yeah, 3 jars of any mustard doesn't seem like a bad decision, it's not really like the stuff goes off quickly!)

I love Grey Poupon, which you could almost eat out of the jar, but Aldi's is a decent substitute ...
I never understood what the hell Coleman's weird brown "french mustard" was all about ... and then English - best reserved for a footbath ....

A proper cheese sauce should have mustard in it in the first fucking place (if you'll excuse my language)

Back
Top Bottom