Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

I've no idea how the numbers are allocated but that would have been a good draw for us!
It would have been very tough! They hammered Norwich 4-0 at Carrow Road in an earlier cup tie and they're flying at the top of the Southern Premier Division. They seem to play home games at Felixstowe & Walton United.

An extra home game later this month:

Also, back at Champion Hill for a third FAWNDOSE home game against unbeaten Actonians this Sunday.

Very tough draw that. Lewes have been on a downward trend recently, but were still in the Championship last season.

Still, at least it means we get one guaranteed away day in Lewes this season! Should be quite a day out for the assembled masses of the Pepper Army on 3rd November.

We always get large numbers travelling for big women's games, hopefully the attractive destination will tempt even more to come along.

Very tough draw that. Lewes have been on a downward trend recently, but were still in the Championship last season.

Still, at least it means we get one guaranteed away day in Lewes this season! Should be quite a day out for the assembled masses of the Pepper Army on 3rd November.

We always get large numbers travelling for big women's games, hopefully the attractive destination will tempt even more to come along.
Default date appears to be Sunday 3rd November, and it's already listed for that day on the FA Full-time website. Trains are scheduled to run normally with no planned engineering works.

Lewes have a league record of W2 D3 L4 after the first 9 matches, so they're clearly not going to bounce back after last season, but they should be safe from another relegation with Plymouth and MK Dons already well adrift. (MK lost 10 players to Real Bedford in the summer.) They lost 2-1 at Billericay in a league game yesterday, where we lost by the same score in last season's FA Cup.

Whilst some of you will have seen articles by me in DHFC Women's proggie, I'm actually a long standing season ticket holder at Farnham Town these days.

Whilst Farnham are Step Eight, be aware this is a totally false position. They were only founded in March this year, many of their side played for good step five or step four sides past season. (Those of you who have seen Hamlet play Ashford may recognise one or two of their side.) Whilst I expect Hamlet to win, it may not be the absolute blow out Step 4 v Step 8 would usually be - assuming both sides field full strength sides.

Expect Farnham to shoot though the leagues. They are guaranteeing the women the same online coverage the men get. Given Farnham are the fifth most watched non league club online in the UK, that's a huge attraction to players.

I'm almost certain to be working in London tomorrow so hope to make the first half. No idea who I'll be supporting...

Whilst some of you will have seen articles by me in DHFC Women's proggie, I'm actually a long standing season ticket holder at Farnham Town these days.

Whilst Farnham are Step Eight, be aware this is a totally false position. They were only founded in March this year, many of their side played for good step five or step four sides past season. (Those of you who have seen Hamlet play Ashford may recognise one or two of their side.) Whilst I expect Hamlet to win, it may not be the absolute blow out Step 4 v Step 8 would usually be - assuming both sides field full strength sides.

Expect Farnham to shoot though the leagues. They are guaranteeing the women the same online coverage the men get. Given Farnham are the fifth most watched non league club online in the UK, that's a huge attraction to players.

I'm almost certain to be working in London tomorrow so hope to make the first half. No idea who I'll be supporting...
50/50 scarf ? :D

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. If a team provides the right incentives (and not just financially) then they can attract players that should by rights be playing a lot further up the pyramid.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. If a team provides the right incentives (and not just financially) then they can attract players that should by rights be playing a lot further up the pyramid.
I believe Ashford also lost at least one player (their top scorer) to Brentford (2 levels lower) in the summer.

Real Bedford (newly promoted to our own division, and now setting the pace with Norwich) poached 10 players from MK Dons, who already look nailed on for relegation from the level above.

Back
Top Bottom