Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dazzle wartime camouflage

images
Canadian hornets have a canopy painted underneath so in a dogfight you might not know which way it is up the most modern version of dazzle camo I guess. No idea if it works or not. Guess no sky god will admit to being fooled by it.

Is there an upside view of it?

images
Canadian hornets have a canopy painted underneath so in a dogfight you might not know which way it is up the most modern version of dazzle camo I guess. No idea if it works or not. Guess no sky god will admit to being fooled by it.

They first appeared on the A-10A when it switched from Charcoal Lizard camo to Light Ghost Gray/Dark Ghost in the 80s.

a10_18.jpg

I'd be amazed if the false canopy has any appreciable effect on the CF-18s. The Legacy Hornet is very quick in a turning fight and hard to tally anyway.

In a dog fight you wouldn't give a damn which way up it was you'd just shoot it. :confused:

They should be painted sky blue with white so it looks like a high speed cloud. :D

In a dog fight you wouldn't give a damn which way up it was you'd just shoot it. :confused:

They should be painted sky blue with white so it looks like a high speed cloud. :D

Possibly if its got down to a gun fight your trying to kill the pilot so might give you the edge but at that point its pretty desperate either way.

Possibly if its got down to a gun fight your trying to kill the pilot so might give you the edge but at that point its pretty desperate either way.
If you fire a missile at it the missile won't care whether it's upside down or not or whether it's heading for a fake canopy.

Back
Top Bottom