Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dangerous Days: On the Edge of Blade Runner BBC 2 00:55 tonight

Oh thanks. Bookmarked. I love Blade Runner. "All these things will be lost, like tears in rain". Yeah!

It sort of makes ridley look like a cunt and the paymasters cunts as well, also it looks like everyone had a well shit time. Tempted to watch that heart of darkness documentary now.

I like Blade Runner. It is slow by modern standards but almost every scene is enjoyable in itself. I love the moral ambiguity of it.

blade runner's well boring

It isn't really unless you have a short attention span. Bladerunner, directors cut is worth watching big screen.

The eternal night, smoke and rain may have been done for costs but it works. Plus from 'tell me about your mother' to 'time to die' there are quality scenes. 'if only you could see what I have sen with your eyes'.

The so-called "Director's cut" is nothing of the sort. It was only created because the studio wanted it. Ridley's preferred version is The Final Cut.

I have the US BD set which has 5 versions of the film, plus other goodies.

yeah, it looks brilliant. shame the rest is mind numbingly dull. the book is much better.

While I don t think its incredible like I did when I was 15 rewatching it it isn't a bad movie at all, really didn't find it dull - but I did think its main strength is the look.

interestingly, once i did read the book, i found the film a million times easier to watch. i agree though, i think the aesthetic is its main strength.

Bought this film twice on video and once on dvd, must be a good movie if friends are prepared to steal it! X

plot? no. Themes, maybe. The plot is entirely different and the themes, well some made it to bladerunner. It is still a totally different story.

the plot of a bounty hunter being employed to track down a variety of rogue replicants before undertaking a romantic liaison with one himself? i wouldn't say the plot is entirely different, even though a lot of it was changed or left out.

Great doc. Respect to Ridley Scott for his perfectionism when he was getting shit from all sides. Imagine having a producer, on set, actually shouting at you to hurry up and members of the crew wearing t-shirts taking the piss out of you.

the plot of a bounty hunter being employed to track down a variety of rogue replicants before undertaking a romantic liaison with one himself? i wouldn't say the plot is entirely different, even though a lot of it was changed or left out.

One central and perhaps mundane part of the plot, I think, is fixing the failing relationship he has with his wife. That's why, initially, he's getting the money for catching andys. He thinks purchasing a real animal (a status symbol in that world) instead of a fake one, like the knackered electric sheep they own, will help to win back her affections.

The penfield mood organ is one of his failed ideas to fix the wife.

Then there is that weird stuff with the bloke who lives in a world of rubbish

Back
Top Bottom