Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace Overground Festival 2017

editor

hiraethified
Morcheeba are headlining the main stage

Also in the 2017 programme:

• Lemn Sissay, the official poet for the London Olympics, headlines the Spoken Word & Comedy Tent on 17 June
  • Kianja, a finalist in the Mayor’s GIGs competition and guest artist with the Jazz Warriors, headlines the Youth Takeover Stage on 17 June
  • Dr Alex Paterson of The Orb presents Kompact Sounds and Balearic Beats with Nancy Noise and DJ Dadaist on 16 June
  • Temujin Gill and Sunanda Biswas, from the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony creative team, perform and invite you to throwdown (dance) on 17 June in the park
  • Sian Evans (Kosheen) and long-term writing partner Ron McElroy (DJ Fresh) perform new work and their substantial back catalogue on 17 June
  • Sheku Kanneh-Mason, BBC Young Musician of the Year in 2016, performs in a very special concert with London Mozart Players at St John the Evangelist Church on 18 June.
90% of the events during our family friendly arts and culture festival are FREE. There’s tons more to see and do with events all week from 12 – 18 June 2017 including; live music, theatre, visual arts and crafts, spoken word, comedy, storytelling, community activities, sports, amazing food and drink, vintage shopping plus much much more! See the full programme at crystalpalacefestival.org

Loved it when it was in Westow park and low key genuine community event. Now fenced off, bag searches, no bring your own booze, instead 30 min wait to find they only got coke sized cans of fruit cider for a £5! Agood thing ruined by greed, and it wasn't even on the lovely original stage. Expect a tenner entry charge next year. expect me not to be there.

Loved it when it was in Westow park and low key genuine community event. Now fenced off, bag searches, no bring your own booze, instead 30 min wait to find they only got coke sized cans of fruit cider for a £5! Agood thing ruined by greed, and it wasn't even on the lovely original stage. Expect a tenner entry charge next year. expect me not to be there.
I heard it was awful this year. Used to enjoy when it was at Westow Park.

It was only awful if you spent most of the time in booze queues. Or loo queues. Apart from that it was lovely.

Fuck, was it that bad? I couldn't make it in the end but maybe I'm glad I missed it now.

Fuck, was it that bad? I couldn't make it in the end but maybe I'm glad I missed it now.
Truxta makes a fair point, if you didn't want booze, (and there was no way you were taking in your own!) then it was probably alright. Booze and toilets a fairly standard staple of a festival imo. The band before Morcheeba were alright, but much preferred the relaxed and informal vibe it had when it was at Westow Park.

Plenty of people managed to get booze in so it can't have been that strict. I didn't really check out the stages so won't comment on the quality of the acts on offer.

The booze search was pretty cursory - I didn't have any contraband, but just for larfs I opened the smaller compartment of my rucsac and made like co-operative, and got waved through.

The beer queues WERE long - but were processed pretty fast. The beer WAS expensive (at least by country bumpkin standards *chews on straw*), but very nice indeed.

But we need a better way for Urbanites to spot each other :)

Back
Top Bottom