Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crete, anyone been, tips and that please...

Yeah I'd love to go back to Crete too, absolutely love the place.
Either end of the summer season is perfect - not too hot compared to the middle of summer, things still open etc.

Either end of the summer season is perfect - not too hot compared to the middle of summer, things still open etc.
That was our thinking for our next trip. It was fab being there in July but we both like a decent walk, and it wasn't really viable after about 11 am most days. Nudging 40 degrees and you really need to be in the shade. We had one day walking Pefki Gorge where I was very glad to get in the sea at the end of it. 🥵

So we've just booked 2 weeks in May. Makri Gialos again, bloody love it there. :)

Crete is just great I really dont think you can go wrong.

I too love Crete but yes you can go wrong. Malia is the only place ever I've booked accommodation and not used it because Malia is, or was, a shithole.

The rest was lovely.

Reactions: izz
Check out Loutro.

A fabulous little isolated fishing village on the south coast of the island that can only be reached by boat (from Sfakia). You can do day trips but it's worth a couple or three days chilling out. Very small and quiet.

I dunno if I’ve ever told you this but after your recommendation about 12 years ago I took the kids to Loutro on my first ever single Mum holiday. We went back two years later. We’re going back next week.

It’s quite simply the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.

So thanks for that 😘

I dunno if I’ve ever told you this but after your recommendation about 12 years ago I took the kids to Loutro on my first ever single Mum holiday. We went back two years later. We’re going back next week.

So thanks for that 😘
Fuck that Edie. You wanna go Malia. :D

c7.jpg

So thanks for that 😘

Brilliant! I’m pleased you like it.

It takes a bit of effort to get there but is well worth it. When we were there, most of the people we met were on their second or third trips and even more.

Post some pics this time. I’d like to see if it’s changed much.

I hope not! ❤️

Welljell Voley, Crete is possibly my favourite place in the world and one I dreamt of moving to when I retired, before bollocking Brexit.
It looks like my pipedream of living in Crete just went up in a puff of smoke. As of last month, you could live there if you were buying a property of €250,000 (which we could afford) but it's now gone up to €400,000 (which we can't).

It was just a pipedream but retiring somewhere hot has been a dream of mine ever since I travelled a lot 15 years ago. My pie-in-the-sky ideas and pointless Rightmove browsing shall now turn to Thailand. :D

• Sad
Reactions: izz
Back
Top Bottom