Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Covid Inquiry set for Spring 2022

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
Why the delay?

I am sure I read somewhere today that Ministers will be immune from prosecution by the end of 2021. Can't for the life of me think where I read it but it would fit with the date.

Also with the fixed Parliament Act being scrapped I am sure another General Election will occur a long time before any findings are published.

Why the delay?

I am sure I read somewhere today that Ministers will be immune from prosecution by the end of 2021. Can't for the life of me think where I read it but it would fit with the date.

Also with the fixed Parliament Act being scrapped I am sure another General Election will occur a long time before any findings are published.
The bloody sunday inquiry will be brief in comparison to this

Who's chairing it then, Dido Harding?

The initial cast list is here:

I'll probably end up sinking a large amount of time into following and waffling on about proceedings when the times comes, so in the meantime I'm trying not to spend any time talking about it.

As we wait for the conclusions of the as yet unstarted inquiry we all ought to reserve judgement. Ministers definitely shouldn't extol the PM for his brilliance throughout the last two years, and nor should people like us call him a clueless, sociopathic, selfish, self-absorbed cunt.

As we wait for the conclusions of the as yet unstarted inquiry we all ought to reserve judgement. Ministers definitely shouldn't extol the PM for his brilliance throughout the last two years, and nor should people like us call him a clueless, sociopathic, selfish, self-absorbed cunt.
He gives clueless sociopathic selfish self-absorbed cunts a bad name

You have till Thursday to take part in the public consultation. Personally speaking, I'd prefer a people's tribunal that has wide-ranging powers.

You have till Thursday to take part in the public consultation. Personally speaking, I'd prefer a people's tribunal that has wide-ranging powers.
summary execution and the like no doubt

The initial cast list is here:

I'll probably end up sinking a large amount of time into following and waffling on about proceedings when the times comes, so in the meantime I'm trying not to spend any time talking about it.

My old mate Hugo!

He does a lot of these enquiries and will be paid a fortune

Some serious work needs to be done on the impact of covid on education and on the mental and emotional health of kids. But this needs to be done now so it can be acted on as soon as possible. Kicking it down the road to 2023 or, realistically, years later when the final scores are in will mean a cohort of kids that have spent their entire primary or secondary education in a state of upheaval and dysfunction.

No surprises there.

I'm hoping that once Johnson is properly out of the way the inquiry will be more free to report its findings, as whatever future leader can blame Johnson for mistakes. Won't work if a former health minister gets the job though.

No surprises there.

I'm hoping that once Johnson is properly out of the way the inquiry will be more free to report its findings, as whatever future leader can blame Johnson for mistakes. Won't work if a former health minister gets the job though.

Only if the new PM wasn't in cabinet since before 2020 might that happen. Could be a convenient way to burn the internal opposition.

No surprises there.

The article in question specifically highlights Sunak too, for reasons including the Eat Out to Help Out scheme and his role at various times in trying to slow or block lockdowns etc.

I'm not surprised that they want to limit what is revealed, because the eventual policy decisions and establishment failures are bad enough on their own. But I'd expect the 'frank' discussions they had when weighing up different policies will expose them to a whole further world of shit, there will be stuff in there that is probably dynamite in various different ways, including the language used, the true balance of their priorities, and broader establishment weaknesses and dodgy attitudes. There may also be stuff in those meetings that rather undermines the narratives and justifications for stuff we've been given all along, not all of which have already been exposed by investigations by the media. And they are probably hoping to rely on some of those same excuses during the inquiry itself, which wont work out well if their own evidence contradicts those excuses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom