Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Confess your literary ignorance

stop making the rest of us look bad ringo
I was looking a bit keen wasn't I?
1433505778224.jpg

I'll go back to mucking about on the back row now :)

^^hah, great picture!

Please sir, can I read Kim out loud to the rest of the class sir! PLeeeeease!!!

OKay. "This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures....

;)

I see there are a couple of film adaptations of Kim.... this has got Sunday afternoon written all over it

Last edited:
Please sir, can I read Kim out loud to the rest of the class sir! PLeeeeease!!!

OKay. "This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures....

giphy.gif

;)

I see there are a couple of film adaptations of Kim.... this has got Sunday afternoon written all over it

I could not finish Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I also put 100 Years of Solitude back on the shelf, 20 years ago.

Hah - next time theres one of those "great opening lines "thing that comes up, I'd have to bring this up:

“Good, by Jesus!” cried the Countess, as, with her fat arse poised warily over the ascetic face of the Archbishop, she lolloped a great gob of greasy spend from the throat of her bulging cunt into the gaping mouth of the half-choked ecclesiastic.

(now read on.....)

Never read Hemingway, or To Kill a Mockingbird. Couldn't finish Naked Lunch (the only book ever to defeat me). Had to really fucking slog through Canetti's 'Auto da fe', because I hate not finishing books on the whole.

Never read Hemingway, or To Kill a Mockingbird. Couldn't finish Naked Lunch (the only book ever to defeat me). Had to really fucking slog through Canetti's 'Auto da fe', because I hate not finishing books on the whole.
When I bought Naked Lunch (in FOyles IIRC) the guy at hte counter said he'd never met anyone who'd finsihed it.
I got half way. TBH with a lot of Burroughs books theyre not really mean to be read front to back. They werent really written that way. Its enough to dip in and read a few pages I find.

Last edited:
Naked Lunch the film is amazing - one of the greatest book adpatations of all time - though it goes beyond the book. Love that film

Jane Austin and Charles Dickens. I've tried, but they're so, so boring!
I like where Dickens is coming from politically but yeah, too boring.
I think many of them were originally weekly episodes serialised in a newspaper? and only later collated into books...really messes up the flow that.

Never read Hemingway, or To Kill a Mockingbird. Couldn't finish Naked Lunch (the only book ever to defeat me).

I enjoyed all three, would recommend The Old Man And The Sea, it's only a very slim novella, done in no time, but incredible stuff. Hemingway doesn't have time to come across as such a macho cock either.

Back
Top Bottom