Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coin found dont see many of these dont no how old bristol education good attendance for reginald heathman

Hi, Reginald Heathman was my maternal grandfather. His father was an architect in Bristol and designed the war memorial. Reginald, apart from joining the RAF at the end of WWI, went on to design trams (which are still running in Blackpool) and ended up as Chief Engineer of Liverpool (on the transport side). It was amazing to see your picture - obviously if you're not attached to it our family would love to get it into our ownership (totally understand if you collect this sort of thing). If you want any further information around him, just let me know. My mother was astounded to see the picture...

Will do, and I don't mind the sweary, vulgar thing :)
We're all friendly buggers really - this is a great little community and quite unusual really, compared to the wider internet. Not sure how common this is on internet forums but there have been a number of marriages/kids and lifelong friendships that have resulted from this site, and quite a few posters meet each other in real life. It's quite lovely really, and all credit to editor for creating the site and the mods for making it work. :)

It looks like a an LSGC medal. (Long service and good conduct).
Well, it looks like a "Regular Attendance and Satisfactory Conduct" medal to me, seeing as that's what's written on it.

With all due respect to RichardWin 's grandfather, if I received this medal I might feel a little damned by faint praise.

Once I got a "finisher" medal for a cycling race that I didn't take very seriously (in fact was not quite aware that it was supposed to be a race until one of the marshalls showed up and suggested we finish up our picnic and complete the route before he took the route markers away).

Well, it looks like a "Regular Attendance and Satisfactory Conduct" medal to me, seeing as that's what's written on it.

With all due respect to RichardWin 's grandfather, if I received this medal I might feel a little damned by faint praise.

Once I got a "finisher" medal for a cycling race that I didn't take very seriously (in fact was not quite aware that it was supposed to be a race until one of the marshalls showed up and suggested we finish up our picnic and complete the route before he took the route markers away).
I did 12 years (plus one for free) and didn't qualify for a LSGC :D

RichardWin and Suesmith17 please ignore teuchter - he's our resident contrarian miserable sod.

“He showed up. He wasn’t shit” 👍

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom