Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coin found dont see many of these dont no how old bristol education good attendance for reginald heathman

Here he is:

heathman.jpg

"Reginald J Heathman was appointed by the Transport Committee on the 1st of May 1935 as Engineering Draughtsman. At this time, Manager W G Marks was looking to introduce a better newer high-capacity car for the Liverpool system. Heathman first worked under the Rolling Stock & Works Engineer J S Ross and became responsible for the creation of the new tram fleet. He became best known for designing the bogie streamliner cars. In 1938 Heathman became Deputy Rolling Stock & Works Engineer. He finally succeeded J S Ross as Chief Engineer in 1945, a post which he retained until his death in 1955."

Last edited:
He became best known for designing the bogie streamliner cars

like so -

liverpool5.jpg

Here he is:

View attachment 241946

"Reginald J Heathman was appointed by the Transport Committee on the 1st of May 1935 as Engineering Draughtsman. At this time, Manager W G Marks was looking to introduce a better newer high-capacity car for the Liverpool system. Heathman first worked under the Rolling Stock & Works Engineer J S Ross and became responsible for the creation of the new tram fleet. He became best known for designing the bogie streamliner cars. In 1938 Heathman became Deputy Rolling Stock & Works Engineer. He finally succeeded J S Ross as Chief Engineer in 1945, a post which he retained until his death in 1955."

Wow thanks wonder if any family about be a nice keepsake

Reginald heathman
Hi, Reginald Heathman was my maternal grandfather. His father was an architect in Bristol and designed the war memorial. Reginald, apart from joining the RAF at the end of WWI, went on to design trams (which are still running in Blackpool) and ended up as Chief Engineer of Liverpool (on the transport side). It was amazing to see your picture - obviously if you're not attached to it our family would love to get it into our ownership (totally understand if you collect this sort of thing). If you want any further information around him, just let me know. My mother was astounded to see the picture...

i had a dream the other night that someone (i have no idea who) posted up my mum's name on here i think in an attempt to get me to confirm my identity (as in match up my birth name to my username) if i responded to their post.

given that context, i am a bit weirded out at this sudden plot twist :D. RichardWin i'm very glad this is a benevolent thread and has a really nice ending if Suesmith17 responds! :D

Hi, Reginald Heathman was my maternal grandfather. His father was an architect in Bristol and designed the war memorial. Reginald, apart from joining the RAF at the end of WWI, went on to design trams (which are still running in Blackpool) and ended up as Chief Engineer of Liverpool (on the transport side). It was amazing to see your picture - obviously if you're not attached to it our family would love to get it into our ownership (totally understand if you collect this sort of thing). If you want any further information around him, just let me know. My mother was astounded to see the picture...
Great result. Nice work platinumsage :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom