Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Closing Ceremony/Handover to L.A. 2028

Aaronf

159.9 a litre
Apologies for another thread, thought the opening ceremony was popular enough for its own thread so hopefully this will be. Looking forward to the closing ceremony but a bit sad it's over for another games.

Also, if people want to talk about the Olympics for 4 years until L.A. is upon us! 😆

Paris 2024 has come and gone so quickly, yet also feels like it's been going on forever! 😮 Time is such a strange thing.

After the damp squib that was Japan and where the world was then..felt like normal service has been resumed (thank fuck) though given the actual state of things worldwide -very much a bread and circuses circus.

Still...some impressive performances and stuff that made me feel my age

Rumour is that Tay-Tay might put in an appearance. Billie Eilish confirmed. Snoop HAS to be involved too, shurely
My mum-in-law says she’s heard rumours Tom Cruise might make a spectacular appearance to grab the torch at the end of the ceremony on behalf of the USA as the next Games hosts.

Probably bollocks, but I’d love to see that :)

Unless there is another pandemic or world war...

Fucking hell, and I thought I was the depressive.

Seriously. Opening and closing ceremonies, totally overdone, lots of money wasted that could be spent better.

Olympics as a whole? Can't defend it's carbon footprint but other factors are involved. Mental health is a thing. It's got me through the last 2 weeks and there must be more like me, of whatever varying degrees.

And yes I know. Bread and circuses. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the circuses if you retain your politics.

Rumour is that Tay-Tay might put in an appearance. Billie Eilish confirmed. Snoop HAS to be involved too, shurely
Ok, well, I've got to the age/cultural irrelevance where this feels like a "two truths, one lie". I know the latter two, so I'm gonna say you made up Tay-Tay.

My mum-in-law says she’s heard rumours Tom Cruise might make a spectacular appearance to grab the torch at the end of the ceremony on behalf of the USA as the next Games hosts.

Probably bollocks, but I’d love to see that :)
It is well known that he does like to run...

1513048657732.gif

The end of another great edition of the Olympic Games where we saw plenty of great events. Players had some concerns with the facilities but as a spectator, I don't have any complaints from the event. I expect the LA Olympic Games to be even more special.

I’m not the patriotic type at all, and give even less of a shit about reverence towards national anthems, but I still thought that classical music orchestra rendition of Le Marseillaise was clas.

Back
Top Bottom