Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

City Quiz

RedRedRose

Geography game trying to cover as many of the big cities as you can.

I can get upto 40% on the UK and Asia question; France is way too hard; Germany I can break into 15% and USA was way much harder than I thought it would be.

Yes, but you need to hit the big settlements first.

You're not going to get UK population coverage by referencing St Ives.

It’d be better if it was just cities, but might be hard to define for some of places. I got to 43% for the uk but ran out of steam

It's not just cities - it accepts any town it seems, with some exceptions.

indeed.

i thought i might be a bit vague on some of the places that have been given city status in recent years, but realised it was accepting a lot of towns that definitely aren't cities, so gave up on it.

Why did I look at this thread just before bedtime?
I’ve got 307 places in the UK, 51% of the population - all from memory, though was tempting to check the internet occasionally - still can’t remember the capital of the Isle Of Wight (don’t tell me!). Shocking lack of pins in Scotland, Wales, the West Country and bits of East Anglia. Gonna call it a day and try more tomorrow with a fresh head.

post-urban75-cityquizio-usa-001.jpg
This dirty little game apparently requires you to specify the state code for smaller cities that share the same name with those you've already named! (and I see at this point I forgot Chicago)

I tried Australia, aiming for maximum population percentage with minimal effort

You named 15 cities, with a total population of 15,181,035 (68.88% of the national urban population).

Why did I look at this thread just before bedtime?
I’ve got 307 places in the UK, 51% of the population - all from memory, though was tempting to check the internet occasionally - still can’t remember the capital of the Isle Of Wight (don’t tell me!). Shocking lack of pins in Scotland, Wales, the West Country and bits of East Anglia. Gonna call it a day and try more tomorrow with a fresh head.

I started this because you posted on fb. I swear you said you said 600.

I gave up at 302.

Screenshot_20230705_020200_Chrome.jpg

Fuckit. Stornoway. I spent so long trying to remember that, and the second I gave up there it is.... grr.

I'm redoing the US one with the understanding that after you've named all the ones you know, you can start listing off every large/religiously important city in the world, as they're bound to have their own version :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom