Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Championship 2022/2023

BristolEcho

Went to watch Bristol City today for the first time in years and we lost 3-2.

I enjoyed the first half. I really wanted to see Alex Scott in person and you can see he is going to go on to bigger things. Unfortunately I missed our second goal and then saw both of Sunderland's. The defence left a lot to desire.

I also didn't take suncream.

Last edited:
There's a bloke I know down at Winchester City FC, who is also a Blackburn Rovers fan.

He has now seen Reading win more times than I have in the last 5 years.

(I can't see us staying top half for long, but based on tonight's result, hopefully it won't be another relegation struggle)

There's a bloke I know down at Winchester City FC, who is also a Blackburn Rovers fan.

He has now seen Reading win more times than I have in the last 5 years.

(I can't see us staying top half for long, but based on tonight's result, hopefully it won't be another relegation struggle)
I should possibly add that he also supports r@ngers and H@mberg so it's actually quite funny.

It turns out the queen of Brunei was at Reading's game tonight.

Hate modern football.

seriously what the fuck..

I was impressed with the Norwich side (not done well so far though :( ), Cantwell still there and Ramsey and Nunez and Pukki and Sargent. I'd have quite expected them to move back to a premiership side. Still time though with end of August deadline for transfers (isn't it?).

norwich on friday. dreading it. one of our biggest bogey teams. we have had a good start to the season and i expect us to be a top six premier league side next year 😅 🙃 🙃 🙃

Oh blow! Looks like we (Birmingham City) are in big trouble already lol. After years of circling the drain, I fear this is the season we finally go down and I honestly fear for the future of this great working class club :(

I've started following Cardiff again, sacked them off as I hate the owner but for some reason I was glued to the BBC site over the summer as they signed 16 players.

If we had a half decent striker we'd be on to something this season, the current lot don't look up to it at this level.

Bloody hell. I may have to start actually watching Reading again.

Absolutely can't believe the turnaround, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'm off to the Watford away game in a couple of weeks and I'm actually looking forward to it.

awful one for millwall tonight. watching it through the club website. can see a hammering on the cards. i still might have a flutter on them though as i am a bit sick in the head.

Bruce sacked by The Baggies. If he can somehow land the vacant Wolves job, he'll have collected the set of (mis-)managing all 4 of the bigger West Midlands teams.

Bruce sacked by The Baggies. If he can somehow land the vacant Wolves job, he'll have collected the set of (mis-)managing all 4 of the bigger West Midlands teams.
Plus Newcastle & Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday & Sheffield United (as well as Huddersfield, Wigan, Palace, Hull etc)

It appears Coventry City have a new owner

Good. I think?

I hate to see clubs being messed up by owners, and Cov have been through a lot in recent years. Hope this works out for the fans.

On the other hand, it's just another wealthy businessman, taking over a club, maybe with good intentions, but who knows how long it will last.

Modern Football is Rubbish.

Burnley played Blackburn a few weeks ago and they were awful. They sit in third position in the league having lost the same number of games as teams way-down in the second-half of the league; only two teams have lost more games: Wigan and Huddersfield.

Goal difference tells a similar story.

Half the way through the year, play-off area looking like it could still get interesting.

As I type this Reading are 8th. I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Still can't help looking at the bottom and thinking "OK, ten points off the bottom three. That's OK". Rather than "only goal difference off the play offs".

Don't know what Paul Ince has done, but it's working. :thumbs:

I may have to go and watch a game.

Burnley are decent, we're getting completely outplayed here. Missing our main striker Scott Hogan which doesn't help though.

Burnley are decent, we're getting completely outplayed here. Missing our main striker Scott Hogan which doesn't help though.
The Burnley Board have determined to go back into the premiere league and have invested to make it happen.

You have to also fancy Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom