Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Champions League 18/19

Amazing amazing game....i dont think ive ever watched a game at home standing up before :D this spurs run in the CL has been incredible at every turn but I dont think this game will ever be topped.

i was berating Poch for basically sidelining Son and leaving the scoring to the frankly useless Llorente...after agueros goal the sense of doom was getting thicker and thicker, looked all over to me...and then llorente scored the shittest of shit goals, in a way only he shittly can, and it proved to be the winning goal.

just saw the final var off side decision...fuck me :D correct though it jsut about was to disallow that is totally against the spirit of the off side rule....we'll take it though! must be utterly gutting for man city fans...the better team really, but cant say spurs didnt play our part.

sterlling.png

where is your God now Raheem?

Fuck, I hate 'religious' goal celebrations. Nearly as much as I hate the 'Angry cum face' celebrations. Can footballers not just shake hands like the old days?
I dont mind it that much, but it did add a bit of comedy godly smite to the proceedings :D
knee sliding to the corner flag after pretty much every single goal is getting a bit tired too

As I said elsewhere, I'm a follower of both Everton and Porto. I cannot, therefore, support Liverpool. But the football has been good. I look forward to the final.

If the Europa League is an Arsenal Chelsea final will this be the first time that one country has provided all the finalists for both the CL and EL finals?

If the Europa League is an Arsenal Chelsea final will this be the first time that one country has provided all the finalists for both the CL and EL finals?
We were wondering earlier what odds you'd have got at the start of the season for both in either final being from the PL, let alone the odds of both in both.

We were wondering earlier what odds you'd have got at the start of the season for both in either final being from the PL, let alone the odds of both in both.
It would have ben a nice pay out but I dont think think it would have been as massive as some might imagine. City were amongst the favourites , Liverpool in the second tier favourites as finalists last season ( although Spurs would have been way further down the list). Chelsea /Arsenal would have been amongst the favourities in the Europa along with Napoli. Obviously the EPL teams had to avoid each other the draws for the quarters and semis which they did apart from City/Spurs. Spurs getting to the final is the biggie.

It would have ben a nice pay out but I dont think think it would have been as massive as some might imagine. City were amongst the favourites , Liverpool in the second tier favourites as finalists last season ( although Spurs would have been way further down the list). Chelsea /Arsenal would have been amongst the favourities in the Europa along with Napoli. Obviously the EPL teams had to avoid each other the draws for the quarters and semis which they did apart from City/Spurs. Spurs getting to the final is the biggie.
If I've counted right it's happened 6 times in 60+ years in the CL, mostly fairly recently, and 9 times in the EL in 50, dominated by a string of Italians in the 90s. But never, sfaics, have all 4 come from the same place.

Must be very galling for city

If I've counted right it's happened 6 times in 60+ years in the CL, mostly fairly recently, and 9 times in the EL in 50, dominated by a string of Italians in the 90s. But never, sfaics, have all 4 come from the same place.

In which case, who is your money on to mess up tonight, Arsenal or Chelsea?

I can see the Arse blowing it.

Back
Top Bottom