Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City news and chat

I do sometimes miss the old days of supporting Cardiff before that twat Tan ruined everything...

1619885591160.png

Unsure if the Emiliano Sala tragedy has been discussed elsewhere, so here is the latest episode in the saga:

Two to appear in court over Emiliano Sala mortuary photograph

On 23 September 2019:

Sherry Bray, from Corsham, pleaded guilty to three counts of computer misuse, and perverting the course of justice and was sentenced to 14 months in prison; and

Christopher Ashford, from Calne, pleaded guilty to three counts of computer misuse and was sentenced to five months in prison.

Judge Peter Crabtree said: 'You were both driven by morbid curiosity. You have both abused your positions and the access you had in quite an appalling way.

'You both knew it would be a gross intrusion on privacy and respect for the deceased and cause considerable distress to his family if they became aware of that'.

18830578-7494755-image-m-4_1569249827011.jpg
18830576-7494755-image-a-5_1569249831277.jpg

(Source: as stated in images)

As well as viewing the footage of Emiliano Sala's post-mortem, both Bray and Ashford showed images of it to other people and were caught after images ended up circulating on social media.

Police investigated and found a text message exchange between Bray and Ashford while the postmortem was taking place.

The first message, from Bray, read: “Nice one on table for you to watch when you are next in”, followed by an emoji of a face being sick. Ashford replied: “Not from the plane that crashed into the sea?”

Today, David Henderson pleaded guilty to a charge of attempting to discharge a passenger without valid permission or authorisation.

49313817-10103169-image-a-10_1634552506938.jpg

(Source: as stated in images)

Henderson will now stand trial accused of endangering the safety of an aircraft, an offence under the Air Navigation Order (2016)

Blimey. Cardiff were 3-0 down away at Stoke and then scored three goals in 5 mins to make it 3-3.
Six mins to go. Come on City!

Hearing that Phil Dwyer has passed way, not the poster but THE Phil Dwyer, so sad if true. Knew him well but haven't seen him for a while, he has suffered ill health in recent years, but a true legend of Cardiff City who will be sadly missed.

I saw City play on Boxing Day and it was fucking grim. Terrible football (QPR were equally shit), rubbish atmosphere, annoying automated turnstiles that constantly fucked up and the drummers remain a total embarrassment.

I heard more passion when we were in Div 4 playing in front of 3,000 fans.

Could be a good day to be a Cardiff fan! ❤️
I remain cool either way.

Returning legends rarely do well.

The hunger has usually gone.
Back for a comfortable life closer to family doesn’t sound the same as I want to win Silverware.

I love Rambo.

But then I also loved Chopra and his return was a damp squib.

More than happy to be proved wrong.
His professional debut at Cardiff was the best debut I’ve ever seen.

So I watched Cardiff beat Brizzle City 2-0 yesterday, Big crowd - 25,000+ - and some good vocal support from both teams.

Neither team looked like promotion material and some of the football on display was deeply average. That said, the second goal was an absolute cracker.

Former Cardiff City defender Jack Simpson, who previously played for Bournemouth and Rangers, has today issued a public apology and spoken of his hopes that his professional career is not over after being suspended by The Football Association ("FA") for racially abusing a former teammate, Rohan Luthra, who made history earlier this year when he became the first goalkeeper from Britain’s South Asian community to appear in the English Football League.

An FA independent Regulatory Commission imposed a six-match suspension, £8,000 fine and face-to-face education upon Jack Simpson for misconduct during Cardiff City’s pre-season tour to Portugal in July 2023, when he racially abused Rohan Luthra at breakfast, with teammates Rubin Colwill and Keiron Evans both present when the abuse occurred, and left shocked by what happened as they told Jack Simpson "you can't say that".

Rohan Luthra initially did not report the abuse but decided to do so a week or so later after an FA presentation at the club telling players of the need to report discrimination in the game. He reported what happened to Cardiff City officials, who then acted quickly to escalate the issue. Jack Simpson's contract at the club was terminated "by mutual consent" on 31 August 2023 and he remains a free agent:

The FA v Jack Simpson, Regulatory Commission Decision

77927949-12761755-image-a-22_1700223793764.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

‘I wish to apologise publicly and unreservedly for the racist remark I made to Rohan Luthra on July 23. I have done so in private and it is important now, after the publication of the Football Association commission decision into the matter, that I do so publicly to Rohan and all those who are rightly hurt by the nature of my comment.

‘I stand against racism in all forms and what was said on that day does not, I believe, reflect my beliefs or my character.

‘I hope this message conveys how strongly I feel about my mistake and how intend to own it, and emerge as a better person. I love the game and I hope to play it again professionally.’

1709315728633.png

The magnificent Ninian Park in 1962.

It wasn't a good year:

The 1961–62 season was Cardiff City F.C.'s 35th season in the Football League. They competed in the 22-team Division One, then the first tier of English football, finishing twenty-first, suffering relegation to Division Two.

Bonkers game yesterday at Cardiff City Stadium, playing in form Ipswich, 3rd in league and looking for 7th win in a row. Ex Cardiff favourite Keiffer Moore scored the inevitable goal by a returning star, late on, and that was I assumed was that, a gutsy performance that led to nothing, but a goal on 95 minute rescued a point for the Bluebirds, at which point I turned off my stream, only to get an alert on my phone to say we had scored again in the 100th minute to secure all 3 points, happy days.

Bonkers game yesterday at Cardiff City Stadium, playing in form Ipswich, 3rd in league and looking for 7th win in a row. Ex Cardiff favourite Keiffer Moore scored the inevitable goal by a returning star, late on, and that was I assumed was that, a gutsy performance that led to nothing, but a goal on 95 minute rescued a point for the Bluebirds, at which point I turned off my stream, only to get an alert on my phone to say we had scored again in the 100th minute to secure all 3 points, happy days.
I watched the highlights. Must have been pure for the City fans at the end!

Back
Top Bottom