Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City news and chat

editor

hiraethified
Back in blue and back in the top flight. Let's see how the redbluedragonbirds bluebirds fare!

Big game in Cornwall for Cardiff tomorrow night as they travel to the mighty Porthleven FC for a humbling experience at the home of the titans of the South-West Peninsula League Division One (West). I'm expecting lots of goals as these Premiership minnows come up against real opposition.

Kick Off 7:30. Gala Parc. It was four quid in last time I went.

Porthleven ready to take on Cardiff City in pre-season friendly | Falmouth Packet

Big game in Cornwall for Cardiff tomorrow night as they travel to the mighty Porthleven FC for a humbling experience at the home of the titans of the South-West Peninsula League Division One (West). I'm expecting lots of goals as these Premiership minnows come up against real opposition.

Kick Off 7:30. Gala Parc. It was four quid in last time I went.

Porthleven ready to take on Cardiff City in pre-season friendly | Falmouth Packet
Are you going? Take pics if so!

Are you going? Take pics if so!
I have one weird panorama for you where the ball's in it twice. Well you did ask! At least 9 leagues between Porthleven and Cardiff (by my reckoning, I could be wrong) so I think The Fishermen can be proud to put one past you. They did let 9 in the other end, mind, so the gulf showed. Enjoyable game, although Porthleven expected a better turnout, I think, as they'd laid on a VIP area and all sorts. I think the eight quid entry fee might've put people off - games at our level are three or four quid normally. I'm going to a pre-season friendly with my team, Penzance, against St Austell tomorrow night and it's two quid, for example. Still, a pleasant evening's football. You've a number 9 who nearly scored a proper bicycle-kick but was offside. He's one to watch. Tough, no-nonsense attacking midfielder (ETA: Lee Tomlin, just looked it up) impressed, too.

Porthleven Cardiff City.jpg

Last edited:
You've a number 9 who nearly scored a proper bicycle-kick but was offside. He's one to watch. Tough, no-nonsense attacking midfielder (ETA: Lee Tomlin, just looked it up) impressed, too.

Pretty sure Tomlin has been told he can leave if he can anyone to have him. He was our star signing of last summer, from Bristol City, and spent second half of season on loan at Forest!

I hope I'm wrong but I did see a sub-Arsenal style flag waver being employed at the ground on Saturday?

Such is the general crapness of teams at the bottom, today's win sees them SOAR to 14th place.

I agree!

Why Eddie May era is still Cardiff City's greatest - with our 'mental' fans behind us we felt invincible

THE AMAZING SUPPORT AT SCUNTHORPE

Having started slowly, we went on an incredible winning run from Christmas onwards which culminated in the title decider up at Scunthorpe.

There was an official crowd of 7,407 that day - and more than 5,000 of them were travelling Cardiff supporters.

Get that, 5k for a nine-hour, 460-mile round trip for a Saturday 3pm kick-off at the other end of the country.

You just don't hear of that sort of thing today. Again, that demonstrates why some Cardiff fans still hark on about that era as the number one.
Let me tell you a story. After I'd left Cardiff, I was playing for Sheffield United against Newcastle. In the dressing room before the game, my team-mates told me, 'You just wait and see the Toon Army. There will be almost 3,000 of them here today. They're incredible supporters.'

I responded 'That's nothing. When Cardiff played up at Scunthorpe we took over almost the entire ground'.

Why Eddie May era remains Cardiff City's greatest | Nathan Blake

Shit it sounds like you've lost new striker Sala in a light aircraft incident in the region of the Channel Islands.

A thousand square miles has been searched by five planes and two boats. How the hell would you expect to find a small plane in such a huge area.:( Looked so happy about his move Saturday.

That is shocking.

Numb! This is dreadful news. Just can’t take it all in right now. Today football is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom