Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

Poor cousins ?, when was the last time that the Bluebirds was in the top division ?, the Swans have been there on two different occasions since Cardiff last played in the top tier.;)

Poor cousins ?, when was the last time that the Bluebirds was in the top division ?, the Swans have been there on two different occasions since Cardiff last played in the top tier.;)
I really wouldn't go down the history route because Swansea gets an absolute whipping in that department.
We've done things your little, lesser supported team could only dream of.

I think it's probably yours. Congrats.

The fact that Leicester were still in the running until today shows just how average everyone has been this year. We only had back to back wins twice this season!

I think it's probably yours. Congrats.

The fact that Leicester were still in the running until today shows just how average everyone has been this year. We only had back to back wins twice this season!
This is why the Championship is so much better than the Premiership: it can mix it up anywhichway.

Yeah, although this year, top two aside, it's felt a bit like a competition to be the least worst.

Agreed, Cardiff have 10 points less this season than they had last year(under the manager that everyone said was shit and had to go), and yet they are still in the play off places!!

2-0 up with a few minutes to go. Now if only Birmingham and Blackpool would lose... Oh, and Middlesbrough too.

Well done you have played well in this, your third-ever season of top-flight football.

I'm glad you've done well and that you've stayed up easily

By way of perspective, my dear thing, we notched up our third season of top-flight football in 1924

Boro only managing a draw is the big result, four points clear of them now and they've still got to play Southampton.

Great night for us. I went to Boro away (where by the way Boro were almost unbelievably shite) and that felt the pivotal result but we needed to build a run, which we have done

As the table stands we will have WHU home then away. WHU look nailed-on for 3rd now. 1927 must be excited by that prospect of us v them!

Mark Hudson's wonder goal sealed victory for Cardiff City against visiting Derby County and strengthened their grip on the play-offs.
The defender was a good 10 yards inside his own half when he unleashed a huge kick that caught out Frank Fielding as the ball sailed overthe keeper's head.
Joe Mason had given Cardiff the lead when he reacted quickest to poke home after Kenny Miller had hit the post.
I likey!
But...

The loss was harsh on Derby, who looked the better side for long periods.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17661588

video of Hudson goal!! :eek:
which he was 'embarrassed about' apparently :D

CAPTAIN Mark Hudson admitted feeling 'embarrassed' after his wonder goal, scored from 68 yards, secured a 2-0 victory for Cardiff City against Derby County.
The Bluebirds were defending a 1-0 lead when Hudson smashed a shot high over County keeper Frank Fielding.
The strike sparked wild celebrations inside Cardiff City Stadium, with Hudson saying afterwards: "I feel a bit embarassed about it - I didn't expect that to go in."
Hudson's strike was further out than David Beckham's magnificent goal scored for Manchester United against Wimbledon in the 1990s, and the skipper added: "I took a touch and the ball sat up. Thousands of fans were shouting 'shoot' and the keeper was off his line.
Read More
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/04/17/cardiff-city-skipper-mark-hudson-embarrassed-after-senstaional-68-yard-goal-91466-30782860/#ixzz1sL10MSXL

Back
Top Bottom