Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

" Palace officials apparently believed that Cardiff's prices were too cheap, while Cardiff officials believed that Palace's prices were too expensive."

Innit. :rolleyes:

Dread you should bundle up down the Den on Sat. I bet you any money they let you in on the gate (I mean "bundle" as in "go to" not as in "start a fight in the street with 8000 Millwall fans" )

There will be an announcement at some point today about a Bluebird who died over xmas, only 35 years of age and a lovely guy, was drinking with him wednesday, he left for his tea and dropped dead. I havent stopped crying for days.

RIP Webby, I cant be there today, but if anyone is going please say a quick prayer and raise a clap or whatever in my name, thanks!

Southampton got hammered 3-0 by Brighton, as did Middlesbrough, so now we're sitting in third place, just two points off the top. Looking good for 2012! :)

Who would have thought our team would be where it is now after all the uncertainancy at the end of last season eh.
Bloooobirds.

Can anyone who went to the game confirm that they mentioned my mate at half time please!

Who would have thought our team would be where it is now after all the uncertainancy at the end of last season eh.
Bloooobirds.

Just wait til the end of the season and all those that said they would settle for a mid table position are calling for Malky's head cos we only reached the play offs. Personally,altho i was doubtful about his initial appointment, once I saw the way he went about building a squad of nobodies but grafters I always sus[ected we would be a play off team. Right now I think automatic is closer than it was ever under DJ.

There will be an announcement at some point today about a Bluebird who died over xmas, only 35 years of age and a lovely guy, was drinking with him wednesday, he left for his tea and dropped dead. I havent stopped crying for days.

RIP Webby, I cant be there today, but if anyone is going please say a quick prayer and raise a clap or whatever in my name, thanks!
Sorry mate I only just read this, I am very sad to hear this news. You OK?

The Bluebirds' March fixtures at home to West Ham United and at Brighton & Hove Albion have been rescheduled.
City v West Ham United - originally set to be played on Saturday 3rd March at 12.30pm - will now take place on Sunday 4th March at 1pm. This game will be broadcast live on the BBC.
As a result, our away fixture at Brighton & Hove Albion - originally scheduled for Tuesday 6th March at 7.45pm - has been put back a day. This game will now be played on Wednesday 7th March at 7.45pm.

As a result, our away fixture at Brighton & Hove Albion - originally scheduled for Tuesday 6th March at 7.45pm - has been put back a day. This game will now be played on Wednesday 7th March at 7.45pm.
I wished that had been a Saturday fixture.

The Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust is proud to announce the arrangements for an event to mark the tenth anniversary of the Bluebirds’ famous FA Cup 3rd round victory over Leeds United in January 2002.
City, who were tenth in the Second Division table, defeated the Premier League leaders 2-1 to cause one of the biggest upsets in FA Cup history on an afternoon that nobody who was present at NinianPark will ever forget.
The anniversary function will take place in the Redrow Suite at the Cardiff City Stadium on the evening of Tuesday 21 February 2012, with doors opening at 7:00pm for a 7:30pm start.
The event will be hosted by BBC Radio Wales football correspondent Rob Phillips and the guests of honour are Graham Kavanagh, Robert Earnshaw, Andy Legg and Scott Young.
Midfielder Kav captained the City side and scored the equalising goal with a stunning free-kick, striker Earnie gave the Leeds defenders a torrid afternoon, left-back Leggy was involved in the controversial incident that saw visiting forward Alan Smith sent off and centre-back Scott netted the amazing winner with just three minutes left to play.
The evening to mark one of the club’s most memorable triumphs will begin with a football quiz. Highlights of the 2002 Cardiff v Leeds FA Cup match will then be screened before Rob Phillips hosts a questions and answers session with the four players.
Tickets for this event are free to members of the Supporters’ Trust and available to non-members for just £3.00. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Fred Keenor Statue Fund.
Tickets are reserved for Trust members and their guests until Saturday 21st January, when they will go on general sale.
The tickets will be available for collection from the Trust office at the Cardiff City Stadium (situated to the right of the turnstiles at Gate 5) before forthcoming home matches on dates to be announced.
To apply for tickets, please contact Tracey Marsh at: help@ccfctrust.org
Trust members who are applying for free tickets will need to state their full name and membership number (or address if the number is not known), along with the names of any guests they wish to purchase tickets for. Non-members can redeem the cost of their tickets by joining the Trust on the night.
This is certain to be a popular event, so please ensure that you apply for your tickets as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom