Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Can someone recommend me some waterproof headphones please.

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
Hello
I go swimming and I want to listen to YouTube podcasts when I swim, as it will make it less monotonous.
I do lane swimming.
I spent ages on AI chatbots, Bard and ChatGPT asking them for suggestions.
I do have earbuds, but as normal ones fall out of my ears, even with the smallest attachment, I use these ones https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BDQYTLF5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I put them in on the way to the leisure centre and I listen to podcasts on YouTube or websites, using my iPhone.
I'd love a waterproof version of them, but it seems that finding a pair is not as simple as I thought.
I want waterproof earbuds for swimming, with the following criteria specifically and Bard/ChatGPT keep pulling up ones that won't suit me as the bluetooth range is not long enough, for example, I need ones with a range that is long enough to reach the whole length of the swimming pool from the locker in the changing rooms where my phone is.
The ones on stalks are no good, as they fall out. They have to be "round the ear" like the ones I have.
I don’t want a built in mp3 player, as I will be listening to YouTube videos on them.
I want to be able to use them for more than 30 minutes. Chat GPT and Bard keep pulling on ones that work for upto 30 mins, whereas I need an hour.
I don't have a smartwatch.
The swim buds ones will fall out and just hang out of my ears by the wire.
So, if anyone can recommend me a pair, I would be most appreciative, as I don't know why I am having so much difficulty.

Hello
I go swimming and I want to listen to YouTube podcasts when I swim, as it will make it less monotonous.
I do lane swimming.
I spent ages on AI chatbots, Bard and ChatGPT asking them for suggestions.
I do have earbuds, but as normal ones fall out of my ears, even with the smallest attachment, I use these ones https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BDQYTLF5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I put them in on the way to the leisure centre and I listen to podcasts on YouTube or websites, using my iPhone.
I'd love a waterproof version of them, but it seems that finding a pair is not as simple as I thought.
I want waterproof earbuds for swimming, with the following criteria specifically and Bard/ChatGPT keep pulling up ones that won't suit me as the bluetooth range is not long enough, for example, I need ones with a range that is long enough to reach the whole length of the swimming pool from the locker in the changing rooms where my phone is.
The ones on stalks are no good, as they fall out. They have to be "round the ear" like the ones I have.
I don’t want a built in mp3 player, as I will be listening to YouTube videos on them.
I want to be able to use them for more than 30 minutes. Chat GPT and Bard keep pulling on ones that work for upto 30 mins, whereas I need an hour.
I don't have a smartwatch.
The swim buds ones will fall out and just hang out of my ears by the wire.
So, if anyone can recommend me a pair, I would be most appreciative, as I don't know why I am having so much difficulty.
Bluetooth does not work very well in water hence why one's for swimming tend to be mp3s.

However last year I did come across a bone conducting headset thar claimed it had Bluetooth plus an mp3 player. It was very expensive- about £300. Also no reviews at the time. I will try to check it put and get back to you.

Hello and thanks everyone for coming on the thread.
I consulted AI after Sasaferrato post about metal snd Bluetooth as the lockers are metal.
AI said it would be a problem so I might download some MP3’s, buy an mp3 player, and listen to them in the pool.

You can download youtube videos as mp3 if that helps.

You can indeed. I have a program that downloads Youtube videos, but also converts them to MP3.

It has other elements as well.

I have the ad free premium version, which costs a few quid.

You can indeed. I have a program that downloads Youtube videos, but also converts them to MP3.

It has other elements as well.

I have the ad free premium version, which costs a few quid.

I used to just use offliberty.com

This was actually discussed on one of my diving forums as they wanted headphones to swim in.

They settled on Sony NW-WS623 which are bluetooth but also have 4GB of built in memory to load stuff onto them
Hi, I can't do bluetooth as my phone's in a metal locker, I swim at the leisure centre. I got these in the end, which mean I have to swim other strokes than "head-above-water-breast-stroke" as they work better submerged, so I have not had the guts to use them yet, as the lanes can get pretty busy some nights, and I am not that confident (yet) with head-in-water front crawl or backstroke https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0169RSNPG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Hi, I can't do bluetooth as my phone's in a metal locker, I swim at the leisure centre. I got these in the end, which mean I have to swim other strokes than "head-above-water-breast-stroke" as they work better submerged, so I have not had the guts to use them yet, as the lanes can get pretty busy some nights, and I am not that confident (yet) with head-in-water front crawl or backstroke https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0169RSNPG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
How have you got on with these? I’m getting into swimming again and am tempted by some swimming headphones

How have you got on with these? I’m getting into swimming again and am tempted by some swimming headphones
Not tried them yet as I do "head out of water" breast stroke and they work best when submerged. There is a YouTube review on them though for swimming with head submerged and it's a good review. I need to perfect my "head under water" strokes.

I’ve just bought the Fojep AS18 X2 for swimming. They’re my first bone conducting headphones (my ears are quite pressure sensitive so didn’t want earplugs to mess with the pressures more). I’ve not tried them out yet, but on paper they seem good. £50, 16GB inbuilt storage, Bluetooth, 7 hours playback. I wasn’t sure what to make of the sound at first, they’re definitely not as full sounding as my normal headphones, but then they’re not going to be as I’ve got AirPod Pro’s so comparing £230 in ear headphones to £50 bone conducting ones is never going to be a fair comparison.

I’ll report back once I’ve swum in them

Back
Top Bottom