Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can I sell a hotel room to someone else?

miss direct

misfungled
I have five nights booked and paid for in a nice hotel next month. However, I don't need to use the booking as now my job is sending me and will pay for me to stay in a different hotel. Would someone else be able to use my booking? It cost a few hundred pounds when I booked and the same room now costs over a hundred pounds more. Would appreciate some advice.

Id advise contacting the hotel first. They should be fine with changing the name of the booking over as its already paid for. Call the reservation department or Front Office of the actual hotel if you can.

I stay in tons of hotels with work and often, it's booked by the office and will be in the name of the lady who handles that sort of thing. It's never a problem when I turn up, as long as I know the name of the person who booked it.

I stay in tons of hotels with work and often, it's booked by the office and will be in the name of the lady who handles that sort of thing. It's never a problem when I turn up, as long as I know the name of the person who booked it.

This. Doesn't matter what name it's booked under. I can roll up and say I have a reservation under the name of Miss Direct and they hand over the keys.

Which hotel and dates is it...?

Just make sure that it is actually paid for rather than reserved and credit card details taken by way of reserving the room

I've had this in the past where I've had a room, what I thought was reserved and paid for by "the girl who does that sort of thing" only to find that it hadn't been paid for, merely reserved against "a" company credit card, to top it all off my company credit card was maxed out so I ended up having to pay for it myself and claiming it all back

Oh yes, it's totally paid for, the money left my account months ago. Should teach me not to be so organised in future.

Back
Top Bottom