Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brockwell Park news, festival updates and more...

editor

hiraethified
It was lovely in the park yesterday (although, perhaps, not quite as warm as I'd hoped!).

brockwell-park-brixton-2012-04.jpg

I had my first picnic of the year. Anyone been up there recently?

http://www.urban75.org/blog/a-sunny-spring-sunday-afternoon-in-brockwell-park/

Was going to go yesterday and left house without jacket and decided it was definitely not sit-in-the-park whether so didn't bother

Tuesday and Wednesday is going to be hotter according to BBC weather

Sat out in it all yesterday afternoon in shorts and flip-flops. lovely day :)

This is why we should have a weather forum, so we can compare weather year on year. I remember a scorching week early last year but can't remember when it was

Yeh.. I spent saturday in the park.. was lovely - round of tennis with mates then beers and lawn bowls.. we're so lucky to have that park..

my unemployed mate is currently up there, he's taken his hammock along and is job hunting, oh the wonders of 3g.

Yeh.. I spent saturday in the park.. was lovely - round of tennis with mates then beers and lawn bowls.. we're so lucky to have that park..

my unemployed mate is currently up there, he's taken his hammock along and is job hunting, oh the wonders of 3g.

spent six, largely drunken, hours in park on saturday, with a bit of tennis. was perfect temperature

I was in the park yesterday. Bloody marvellous. Just wandered about a bit soaking up the sunshine and watching the humans unfolding from winter.

I noticed that some of the young trees that have been put in over recent years could do with some attention. Some of them have outgrown their cages, for instance, or the wooden staves have been uprooted.

Does anyone know if there's a tree monitor for Brockwell park?

Last edited:
There's a curious inflatable pavilion moved from the V&A and installed on the lawn on the cafe side of the house as part of this year's London Achitecture Week.

It sure promises a lot!
The Peace Pavilion represents the unity and rich exchange between different communities and the creativity that can result through such co-existence. The Structure provides an inspirational, peaceful and interactive space where visiting communities of architects, designers, families and the general public can stand, walk through or seat around to admire, embrace diversity and engage with each other to share discussions about design or other discussions about the community. The Pavilion stands as a symbol of how diverse and creative communities can work together and co-exist in harmony.

Back
Top Bottom