Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

I use Hearn Bros on Brixton Hill for my car - they have always been fab. Don't have a VW though...

By the White Horse. No is 02086716228

man in a van reccomendations?

only gonna need him for 1 hour this saturday, so pref no booking fee or 2 hour minimum

cheers

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good local tiler?

Thanks

I just had my bathroom re-tiled and lots of decorating done. Really good, quick and reasonably priced. He's not local but he does a lot of South London work, depends how big your job is. Nunzio - 07809 615 036

Not strictly a 'tradesman' query but... Does anyone know where I can get a pair of jeans taken up ie alterations in Brixton area?

I had some work done on my flat by a good electrician the other day. His name is Jason and his price was very reasonable. His number is 07591875065.

Not strictly a 'tradesman' query but... Does anyone know where I can get a pair of jeans taken up ie alterations in Brixton area?

There is a lady in the Reliance Arcade bit of the market who is really good and quick. About half way down the arcade.

Otherwise the drycleaners on Atlantic Road are good, bit more expensive..

I used Colin of CW Services on basis of recs on this board, came in to fix a small plumbing job, nice reasonable bloke, quick, local, reliable, £70 hr, no call out charge.

For recommendations in the area it might also be worth taking a look at Streetbank.com.

The website allows you to see all the things that people in the immediate area (within 1000 yards of your home) are willing to lend, give away - or skills they are willing to share. Recommendations and requests can also be posted on the site - anything from a good window cleaner to a request for help with changing a bicycle tyre.

It's a community project designed to bring neighbourhoods together and make the world a bit nicer - a bit of a cross between a social networking and freecycle site. It's taking off in East Dulwich and Herne Hill and the more people who get on board, the better it'll be!

Hey all....anyone got a glaziers they could recommend. Need to replace a sash window and want to get some quotes together.

Marcin, Polish and awesome. Did a mates flat refurb. 07932448597

Ha! Is PBoi still banned?!

Anyway- warm recommendations for his guy Marcin and his team- he's just done my sister's kitchen- bricking up doorways, demolishing walls, new windows, plumbing, paster work, floors- all great and no complications.

The neighbours booked him up as well after seeing his work.

For basic plumbing I have just secured the services of the fabulous Kieran...PM me if you want his number...he's still learning but did a tricky job Chez Magpie with no problems and wanted a ridiculously small amount of dosh in return.

Washing machine is making a dreadful sound on spin, but doesn't sound like the motor's fucked.
It's 7 yrs old & I'd rather use the money to buy a new one if nessasary rather than spunk it on expensive parts & repair labour.
Does anyone know a handy man repair man who could, for say £30, have a quick butchers at it & tell if it's worth repairing or not?

Ta.

Washing machine is making a dreadful sound on spin, but doesn't sound like the motor's fucked.
It's 7 yrs old & I'd rather use the money to buy a new one if nessasary rather than spunk it on expensive parts & repair labour.
Does anyone know a handy man repair man who could, for say £30, have a quick butchers at it & tell if it's worth repairing or not?

Ta.

Will Forrest again. PM for number:)

Anyone know a good window cleaner in SW8? I HAVE to clean this bastard house or I'll go mad :mad:

Anyway- warm recommendations for his guy Marcin and his team- he's just done my sister's kitchen- bricking up doorways, demolishing walls, new windows, plumbing, paster work, floors- all great and no complications.

The neighbours booked him up as well after seeing his work.
Thanks for this - am going to give Marcin a call. How do you pronounce his name - Mar-SEEN, Mar-CHEEN, MAR-sin... ?

Plumber and Electrician needed...

Friend needs someone (Registered, I know it's not Corgi anymore...) that can do both or two recommendations to have a look at a property in addition to her survey. The property is on Brixton Hill.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Friend needs someone (Registered, I know it's not Corgi anymore...) that can do both or two recommendations to have a look at a property in addition to her survey. The property is on Brixton Hill.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Why not pay for the more complete survey that covers both? Sorry to be flippant but scrimping on a survey is one of the dumbest things you can do.

Why not pay for the more complete survey that covers both? Sorry to be flippant but scrimping on a survey is one of the dumbest things you can do.

She is getting the full survey. She intends to renovate and wants professional opinion.

Back
Top Bottom