Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

So you can't think of any reason why I might have been aggrieved after you launched a totally for-profit beer with a near identical name to our charity beer straight after it received press coverage (front page of South London Press etc).

And I'm happy to be corrected here, but as far as my research at the time went there had never been a beer named after Coldharbour Lane until we launched ours. And then yours followed.

I was as angry as fuck at the time to be honest because I kept hearing from friends who thought they were contributing to a good cause instead of your profits. So forgive me if I wasn't inclined to sat down for a cosy chat back then.
I get that which is why I wanted to sit down and discuss it with you. I did have a chat with Rich about it and offered to help if we could at the time.

I guess I'm also angry about some of the accusations I see about us on here because we genuinely are much more than profit and shareholders. We do care and we do need money to invest in the other pillars and our purpose.

If we can help in anyway in future our door is always open, genuinely.

I think what's getting in your grill is you don't think we have any right to claim the name/be a community brewery? I guess because the business is now owned by Heineken.
I think this is a facile argument.

As for the beer it uses smoked malt to evoke the taste of bbq and spices bought in the market and blended by local legend Ruben.

Believe it or not but we managed to come up with the idea ourselves and even managed to write about it.
What does community brewery mean? I work in a place in Brixton that stocks your product but have never had a visit from anyone from your community brewery. Unlike Signature which we also stock.

There's been a whole spate of Brixton walking tours and tour guides being trained.

It's a sure fire sign of advanced gentrification!
no idea about gentrification but I have seen a fair few of those the last week, and rather large groups at that (20ish, 2 separate ones at the same time in 2 locations), made navigating the pavements with my fluffy hounds a bit of a challenge (analog cameras seemed to be favoured by the "attendees" of at least one group)

Back
Top Bottom