Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Summer - Autumn 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

editor

hiraethified
brockwell-picnic-july-2012.jpg

[Pic: urban picnic, July 2012]

Instead of having the usual monthly Brixton news threads, I thought I'd see how it works with just four every year.

Although we've often spun interesting topics out of the monthly thread into their own threads, as Mr Retro pointed out, sometimes discussions can be disrupted if they start up at the end of the month.

So I'm going to try for a seasonal approach and see how that pans out.

I think I'm on safe ground opening the summer one today, but Autumn may prove troublesome: Question of the day: exactly when does Autumn start in the UK?

Note: The June 2018 Brixton thread has now been closed.

brockwell-picnic-july-2012.jpg

[Pic: urban picnic, July 2012]

Instead of having the usual monthly Brixton news threads, I thought I'd see how it works with just four every year.

Although we've often spun interesting topics out of the monthly thread into their own threads, as Mr Retro pointed out, sometimes discussions can be disrupted if they start up at the end of the month.

So I'm going to try for a seasonal approach and see how that pans out.

I think I'm on safe ground opening the summer one today, but Autumn may prove troublesome: Question of the day: exactly when does Autumn start in the UK?

Note: The June 2018 Brixton thread has now been closed.
go for the vernal equinox

Perhaps towards the end of the summer we can have that discussion about weather the thread stays open until the end of the year.

Thank you editor i think this is a great move

Soon to have the opportunity to make out of hours posts
on Ferndale Road
Does it really need to take a year to plant a postbox?

4YA2XpUH9EGps1YeUpN4PU3B2FQIhMLk6VNGMIP8PoyDK6xJJKuNn2UWtamo1wxkzGGj37N0IjHoWd6p9WBxBFv-hQwuZyuo5mCEoAg_iRivYhmIZsTdruDGMGnz3qozKbXpWv5kx5q4v1HQa5CFPxcnoHC_SkQrdaT2utuuPwfR5XHRbTYYnbYTpGMeOW1Syu_I9v8yuR7UBsNwrlu4cq4qaSL6FeZB3pgWh_xn1hCGEyk5R8shNT1eulypLi0UdUXHBMMS43epNeH4949A9lDn0CTRYl-nDqrD4gkflYRnoE5ULj0d28R6x9AM8kQWFlVhCz8ZJhJ_lzZdxZWY1MdGx96W7h8TgrWW-tZL7q3tpZ20pj8iANFZJS2ZIM11-fJXJNh6UV3FLikDJ9iz8bKy5GCl65jYyWR0P8IRkUAY6HGa5gCoEcCTgEQWK-EC4hJyUve3DNc3AQRcj4H3tCo4KuVOZqdNRVTd_amnDDNI9XAlCl4zBeLU8htBXjtRwWTm1Do2Y1AT3VYgiozALy1g7THZwK3yIPts9-s1MPITs_KiyCrm7GGQMZo7pONCNH3lVo5alstlIUQlOj5q5PHZt5kqc0dxmw=w439-h586-no

In the semi privatised Post Office it does.

Post Office and post boxes are now in separate sections of mail delivery.

Its not the post office counter service responsibility to have post boxes.

When they moved they didn't tell the post box side of mail they were losing the post boxes.

The post box side of mail prefer the ones on the pavement.

I have not seen it yet.

I think its old style cast iron?

The Brighton Terrace ex Electric Ave pillar box appears to be a Cast Iron 1974 model made by Carron Co of Falkirk - 2 door model!
Cast iron radiators and Architectural Antiques for your home
"This was made in 1974 to replace the defective sheet steel ones"
What sort of person would buy that for £6,250.00 ?
Maybe at that price it may meet the same fate as the Barbara Hepworth sculpture stole from Dulwich Park.
Easier to nick I should think (just giving my unpracticed opinion!)
hep.jpg

BTW are you the person who sets the questions on Have I got News for You (from such publications as Pillar Box Collector's Gazette)?

No - but I was thinking that perhaps someone had created a postbox catalogue. Must be one out there somewhere!

Reactions: CH1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom