Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton New Year's Eve 2022 Thread - what's on

editor

hiraethified
Where are you off for this NYE?

I'm slowly compiling a list of what's on, but please add more!

Dogstar: "Wildcard 3 DJs playing your favourite bangers, old, new, classic, and all parts in between. £10 on the door after 11pm, open til 4am"

Effra Social: MegaPop Party, free entry all night, open till 3am

Courtesan: a night of "fabulous Burlesque and Cabaret" for - eek! -£120 (no food included)

Barrio: London Carnival fiesta, open till 3am, £5 or - WTF - £1,500 for 'VIP Package for up to 30 people"

Lost in Brixton: " your favourite Lost In Brixton DJs and a guest Trombonist playing upbeat party tracks", 6pm - 1am, £25-£30

Jamm: "Big Disco New Years Eve Special", 9pm-4am, £30-£40

PoW Up On The Roof, 9pm-4am, £13 -£35

Tequila Mockingbird: DJs, 8pm-2am, £10 before 10pm

Travel info -

TFL page on 31 December here

Some S London bus routes will start to divert away from central London as early as 2 pm on 31 December as roads are closed for the firework display. Much of the west end will be closed to traffic including buses after 8pm, many south london bus routes will start / finish at Victoria, Vauxhall, Imperial War Museum, Elephant + Castle.

Some routes may have additional night buses, but the scale of this is less than in previous years, and details are still not clear.

Abellio bus drivers are on strike on 31 December (more here) - this includes Brixton routes 3 / N3, 45, 109, 159, 196, 322, 345, and will probably also affect night buses on the night of 31 December to 1 January.

Most Underground lines will run all night 31 December in to 1 January.

Some national rail lines including South Eastern will have additional late night trains, although there are some lines closed over the whole of the holidays for engineering work, and Waterloo East and Blackfriars stations will be closed overnight.

Unlike some past years, TFL does not have sponsorship in place for free travel on the night, normal fares will apply.

Reactions: CH1
There's a full list here (I'll add more when I can find their details)

Prices go from free (Effra Social) to £120 at Courtesan or £1,500 for a group booking at Barrio. Interesting to note that the 'community space' at Lost in Brixton is charging a hefty £35-£50 and shuts at 1am

I usually go to Hootananny but this year it is labelled as a Disco night, which i find quite annoying. Im off to The Fox and Firkin in Lewisham which should be suitably debaucherous.

I recently came across this video of midnight NYE at The Academy back in 2005, now that's a rave up :D. (if watching be prepared for poor quality sound and picture and you might want to skip to 1.45)

Back
Top Bottom