Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

if it counts as eating or drinking outside it’s going to be rammed for a while !!
It was as busy as I've ever seen it pre-Covid. I'm happy the traders are doing well but it's a strange set up with no effort to implement Track and Trace (useless though that is).

I popped into the Hoot too and they had a live band playing!

Had to leave there last night because the miserable security guard wouldn't let a friend who joined us later park his bike just inside the fencing (he had forgotten his lock). Shame, as i was enjoying the £2.50 happy hour pints of Thatchers.

Went next door and had 2 flat pints for double the price at the Effra Social, before giving up.

Had to leave there last night because the miserable security guard wouldn't let a friend who joined us later park his bike just inside the fencing (he had forgotten his lock). Shame, as i was enjoying the £2.50 happy hour pints of Thatchers.

Went next door and had 2 flat pints for double the price at the Effra Social, before giving up.
The bloke on the door was actually friendly to me which was a pleasant surprise - the Hoot normally has spectacularly grumpy security - and the staff were exceedingly friendly too.
Was it busy in the Effra?

The bloke on the door was actually friendly to me which was a pleasant surprise - the Hoot normally has spectacularly grumpy security - and the staff were exceedingly friendly too.
Was it busy in the Effra?

Nope. A few people outside and deserted inside. They ought to make a bit of an effort with their yard out the front, you can see why Hootenanny's is busy when they have gone to the trouble of putting up nice gazebos, lights and heaters. Cant help but think though one winter storm and it'll all get wrecked!

Nope. A few people outside and deserted inside. They ought to make a bit of an effort with their yard out the front, you can see why Hootenanny's is busy when they have gone to the trouble of putting up nice gazebos, lights and heaters. Cant help but think though one winter storm and it'll all get wrecked!
I did think about popping into the Social but that front 'garden' really looks uninviting. Even an Argos gazebo and some cheap fairy lights would make a difference.

If you need it, here’s a website showing all the places that are offering free school meals to kids during the holidays

So you need to download the Greene King app to book a table and order drinks. It's already fully booked for Wednesday.

fair one having to book the table and order drinks etc, but surely its not full booked from 3pm onwards om a Wednesday?! From my experience, nowhere in the area is even remotely full booked at 3pm on a Wednesday :confused:

fair one having to book the table and order drinks etc, but surely its not full booked from 3pm onwards om a Wednesday?! From my experience, nowhere in the area is even remotely full booked at 3pm on a Wednesday :confused:
The landlord said it was fully booked but maybe he meant the evening. I've asked him now so will report back.

Pop Brixton is to get a ' traditional greasy spoon'

Oh, wait:

1603883975453.png

"Their menu will include crab scotch eggs, confit duck eclairs, and modernised takes on nostalgic British classics."

" With tasting menus featuring Lobster Doughnuts, Coca Braised Pork, and The Great Bakewell Tart."

" the best of British nostalgia delivered with the banter of a street market trader."

Attachments

• 1603883905537.png
    1603883905537.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I thought that the sourdough avocado and bottomless brunch brigade was bad enough for those seeking out an overpriced breakfast. This sounds like utter nonsense. At least it will be delivered banter laden though

So the Albert is open and it feels pretty much the same as usual. Not too busy so come down if you fancy a beer!

IMG_20201028_194114.jpg

I was in just after they opened earlier and was pleased the 2 bottles of Peroni for £5 deal still existed. They were having less success with numerous flat or bad tasting pints being sent back but teething problems after being shut for so long were inevitable.

I was in just after they opened earlier and was pleased the 2 bottles of Peroni for £5 deal still existed. They were having less success with numerous flat or bad tasting pints being sent back but teething problems after being shut for so long were inevitable.
I had to send back a particularly flat pint of Amstel but it's early days and it's great to have the pub back!

Back
Top Bottom