Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protest group and token copper opposite Marie Stopes on Brixton Hill. Have just passed them on a bus.

Jebb Avenue bus stop, southbound is 'not in use'! :mad:

Yes, so we fucking discovered this evening getting the bus back from Sainsbury's with very heavy shopping. Ended up at Nisa bus stop just as it was threatening to rain so ended up HAVING to go to the Windmill :mad:

I haven't seen one for a year or so, but I've seen them 3 or 4 times. Generally 2 or 3 protesters and 2 officers.
I got hassle when I went there to find out about getting me tubes tied. (NHS waiting list so long I could have had two babies more by the time I got the op). That was over 18 years ago, so it's been an on and off thing over the years.

Minnie - there's no need for excuses, we all know that you guys actually live in The Windmill in the garden behind a flowerpot and this whole flat story is a mere smokescreen... ;)

I was sat in the Windmill garden the other day and a blackbird flew in under the shrubbery there where the tables are and then there was a commotion of squeaking and peeping and then the blackbird flew out again. Right over the heads of the smerkers and drinkers all a-chatting and a-hollerin'.

Rock and roll baby blackbirdies :D

I was sat in the Windmill garden the other day and a blackbird flew in under the shrubbery there where the tables are and then there was a commotion of squeaking and peeping and then the blackbird flew out again. Right over the heads of the smerkers and drinkers all a-chatting and a-hollerin'.

Rock and roll baby blackbirdies :D

I think this is my favourite post ever. :)

I haven't seen one for a year or so, but I've seen them 3 or 4 times. Generally 2 or 3 protesters and 2 officers.

This group looked more like 20 or 30 protesters, and they appeared to be singing - couldn't hear from in the bus though.

:(

Don't make me sad Minnie_the_Minx.

Why would a blackbird visit a starlings nest?

And I've done a quick google and apparently starlings nest in holes in walls, and they tend to nest in colonies.

Nope, not starlings.

Blackbird babies, and that's that.

:(

Don't make me sad Minnie_the_Minx.

Why would a blackbird visit a starlings nest?

And I've done a quick google and apparently starlings nest in holes in walls, and they tend to nest in colonies.

Nope, not starlings.

Blackbird babies, and that's that.

Well what other birds look like starlings then? The guttering in the post office has starlings (or something that looks like starlings) nest there every year. A couple of weeks ago, a big blackbird tried to trespass and the little starling/whatever it was, chased it all the way up Blenheim Gardens.

As for why would a blackbird visit a starling's nest: dinner time?

We need Purves Grundy on the case :hmm:

there's a gang of police by the first bus stop going up Brixton Hill at the moment, looking quite intimidating

Bugger, I was about to post up a pic of Air Force One, which I saw straight above my terrace a few days ago. However, I don't know how. Is it not possible to just post a picture?

Anyway, he was there, directly above us in Brixton.:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom