Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British Pie Week - 7th to 13th March 2011

chicken pie tonight for dinner (from m&s) lovely! with mash, carrots, celery, and brocolli

I'll be treating myself to a luxury number from Dove's the butcher in Northcote Road for this special occasion I reckon. Massively stuffed with game or beef, rich and beautifully tender. Nice one Mrs Dove. And my better half has reawakened her Bolton roots with a recent spell of pie-making. She's got her eye on a steak, guinness and cheese pie recipe and who am I to stand in her way. It may be pie central this weekend.

No disappointing mislabelled 'butter pie' business here thankfully. They're just bleeding ordinary potato pies with an amount of butter that a frenchman would discard on the way to making a croissant.

i'm afraid this week's planned piemagheddon came to a juddering halt today, and i bought a fucking sandwich. the palpitations were getting a bit much. :(

if you are ever in reading try sweeny and todd's pie shop (its next to a barbers shop!) at the butts end of castle hill glorious pies every week of the year. was in oxford recently and tried pieminister in the market, excellent!

Back
Top Bottom