Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British Pie Week - 7th to 13th March 2011

I've just had not one, but two, Heritage Steak and Gravy pies. Now that I'm pieless, I'm truly in a position where I can say that I ate all the pies.

Do I win five pounds?

i dunno? pastry case, layers of spuds and maybe onions, that's about it, prolly not even any butter. obvs the only way i can make any kind of reasoned comparison is if someone sends me one :mad:

the recipes i've seen seem to suggest there's leeks & cheese and allsorts of other adulterants in there.

i'd happily send you a butter pie, but it'll likely get mashed up on the way. they are often on the wet side...

i come from a long dynasty of piemakers btw: my grandad (and his forefathers before him) ran a pie shop serving butter pies and other such goodness. :cool:
I want a meat and potato pie please, can this be arranged oh prestonian?

eta@aqua my mum (courtesy of her mum) is queen of meat n potato. cook the meat with salt/pepper/water, nothing else, thicken gravy with cornflour after. inbetweeny bits i forget :hmm:

i come from a long dynasty of piemakers btw: my grandad (and his forefathers before him) ran a pie shop serving butter pies and other such goodness. :cool:

You are a descendent of the legendary Mrs Miggins and I claim my five pounds.

hey aqua - we had a feast of berry's pies last week - was helping a mate move, and at lunchtime she went off to berry's - a butter pie, a meat & potato and an egg custard each. washed down with warm coke. :cool:

gah :mad: we're hoping to come up when I finish work to visit family - there will be a haul collected that's for sure :D

lol, there's shortcrust pastry in that bit, spare gravy in a jug, but not sure if she pre-cooks her spuds or not :hangs head:

There is a new bakery in my town and I can safely report that their steak pies very scrumptious. I had one for my tea.

I'd have a butter pie for dinner to celebrate, but tbh, they don't don't do them properly here, in the land of my exile. :(

Back
Top Bottom