Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bristol's gay village

Gay clubs have gone a bit shite haven't they. The ones out here in Melbourne are even worse. Just terrible. And the music they play. Grr.
I have a local pub that I like to hang out in, which is the other side of the city.
But yeah, clubs. Big no no.
Does anyone remember the Queens Head in Brighton?
Its been all sexed up now but I remember when I first moved to brighton from Devon all them years ago and walking in there with this guy I'd picked up. There were 2 people shagging on the sofa in front of everyone.

We were talking about this at the weekend.
Now pubs are open later there is less "need" for clubs really.
In the last year I think I've been in a gay club ONCE.

@ Skin, the darkroom was fun but they also had errrrm demonstration of stuff like tying knots and how to correctly use various tools in the main areas as well. So it was a bit like the scouts really. Get all your badges when you pass the tests. ;)

:hmm: Where did you go?

That was in Winns in Bristol. :D

Locally, we've a not-for-profit community run well equipped venue that also runs events where you can practice your knots; and stuff. Allegedly. ;)

Skin - I am free - depending... ;-)

As for bristols gay village - irony surely...

Maybe I am not gay enough - lols - but it aint canal street is it ?

Skin - I am free - depending... ;-)

As for bristols gay village - irony surely...

Maybe I am not gay enough - lols - but it aint canal street is it ?

:eek: Good heavens! are you really free?
I like c-anal street, but like Brighton it isn't always as gay as a boy needs when his nuts are clacking! Both places have been decidedly lacking in charisma on a weekend (especially the saunas) when a place like Bristol seldom disappoints (according to my observation)

Back
Top Bottom