Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boxing

Numbers

an ting!
w00t, 'other sports' forum.

Nothing to add to this particular thread at the moment, but I will use this to post anything boxing related. :)

But let me ask yous all 3 questions, if I may

1. What's your favourite fight of all time
2. Who's your fav' fighter
3. What do you think of boxing

Cheers

w00t, 'other sports' forum.

Nothing to add to this particular thread at the moment, but I will use this to post anything boxing related. :)

But let me ask yous all 3 questions, if I may

1. What's your favourite fight of all time
2. Who's your fav' fighter
3. What do you think of boxing

Cheers

1. As a short fight I'll take Hagler vs Hearns. For a long fight the 'Thrilla In Manila' between Muhammed 'The Greatest' Ali and 'Smokin'' Joe Frazier.

2. Tommy 'The Hitman' Hearns.

3. Love it.

1. As a short fight I'll take Hagler vs Hearns. For a long fight the 'Thrilla In Manila' between Muhammed 'The Greatest' Ali and 'Smokin'' Joe Frazier.

2. Tommy 'The Hitman' Hearns.

3. Love it.
You know what bro'. My answers are pretty much the same, I love Ali, how can you not if a boxing fan, but Hearns, then Holmes are my fav's.

But, for this thread, I'm going with the same answers are yourself.

I just watched the Takaloo KO. Nice alright, I was gonna go that night as it goes, I never made it out of a pub in Whitechapel in time tho' cos me and my mates done an E :rolleyes: :mad:

You know what bro'. My answers are pretty much the same, I love Ali, how can you not if a boxing fan, but Hearns, then Holmes are my fav's.

But, for this thread, I'm going with the same answers are yourself.

I just watched the Takaloo KO. Nice alright, I was gonna go that night as it goes, I never made it out of a pub in Whitechapel in time tho' cos me and my mates done an E :rolleyes: :mad:

The chances are that Takaloo wishes he'd stayed in the pub as well, lol.

That was an epic left hand that put him out.

I used to like Takaloo, he's from Margate I think and one of the best days I ever had in my life was in Margate, so I always liked him for that reason. :oops:

1. Dempsey-Willard

2. Roberto Duran

3. Used to a big fight fan in my teens, and my brothers are still huge fans. I'm a bit less pro-boxing than I once was after seeing the state a mate (you may well know him Tony) is in after a fairly succesful fight career.

Started boxing last year age 37. I wish i had started years ago. Its the best training i have ever done. I've always been a big fan but when it all went to sky sports i lost touch with it. Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran were my favourites when i was growing up. There use to be some great boxing on normal TV.

Always remember Sugar Ray Leonard against Marvin Hagler. Great fight. Fav boxer obviously Mohammad Ali. Mind, Tyson at the beginning was absolutely awesome. Boxing's ok, would love to see Manny v Floyd if Floyd hadn't bottled it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/manny-pacquiao/6965137/Manny-Pacquiao-and-Floyd-Mayweather-in-popularity-race-with-bouts-on-same-night.html

The egos have not landed. They're fighting different people on the same night.

Pointless nonsense that may well alienate the fans.
Just makes is more a needle match ;) when they DO meet.

If Pacman can put Clottey away like he did Cotto then :eek: so I hope he does and I don't mind waiting as long as Mayweather fights someone we agree with.

Exciting few months coming up indeed, the schedule looks good.

On a differentnote. Jermain Taylor has withdrawn from the Super 6 tournie http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8455140.stm

Be interesting to see who replaces him.

Always remember Sugar Ray Leonard against Marvin Hagler. Great fight. Fav boxer obviously Mohammad Ali. Mind, Tyson at the beginning was absolutely awesome. Boxing's ok, would love to see Manny v Floyd if Floyd hadn't bottled it.

Wow great fight. Thanks.

1. Best bout I've seen in my lifetime would be the first Ward-Gatti fight.

2. Current favourite boxer is Manny Pacquiao, I think he is special, and has what it takes to beat Mayweather.

3. Love it, but bored of all the endless hype and money getting in the way of good fights. I'd like to see the whole sport overhauled and changed in various ways.

1. Best bout I've seen in my lifetime would be the first Ward-Gatti fight.

2. Current favourite boxer is Manny Pacquiao, I think he is special, and has what it takes to beat Mayweather.

3. Love it, but bored of all the endless hype and money getting in the way of good fights. I'd like to see the whole sport overhauled and changed in various ways.
Excellent choice for 1 and 2 Drew, + I agree about overhaul. There's too many alphabet belts, there should be only 1 champion for each weight class.

I think the Super 6 is working along the right lines, but even that is flawed, but it's a step in the right direction.

Boxing and the horses were what my Dad had us watching when we were kids. Well, he was into watching them and so we had to as well if the telly was on :D He was a competition heavy weight boxer when he was on national service in the far east, and I guess that brief period influenced his interests when he settled down and had us kids later. Ali and Arkle. The boxer he most talked about was Ali, and I grew up thinking Ali was the best.

Pic my uncle took of Ali back in 1966

Fight wise, not sure. Definitely got memories of that Frazier one, but I'm not sure if I actually watched it. Probably was soaking up my Dad's reaction tbh. Foreman though, watched that. HAH.

Boxing as a sport, not sure. I've got conflicting memories there. How to punch v footwork. Punch drunk and cauliflower ears v how to lay someone out effectively. I enjoyed watching it more when I was little/teenager, but it's been a long time since I've deliberately watched a fight. But if someone asked me to decide whether to watch boxing or football - boxing every time.

Attachments

• Ali.jpg
    Ali.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 55
Boxing and the horses were what my Dad had us watching when we were kids. Well, he was into watching them and so we had to as well if the telly was on :D He was a competition heavy weight boxer when he was on national service in the far east, and I guess that brief period influenced his interests when he settled down and had us kids later. Ali and Arkle. The boxer he most talked about was Ali, and I grew up thinking Ali was the best.

Pic my uncle took of Ali back in 1966

Fight wise, not sure. Definitely got memories of that Frazier one, but I'm not sure if I actually watched it. Probably was soaking up my Dad's reaction tbh. Foreman though, watched that. HAH.

Boxing as a sport, not sure. I've got conflicting memories there. How to punch v footwork. Punch drunk and cauliflower ears v how to lay someone out effectively. I enjoyed watching it more when I was little/teenager, but it's been a long time since I've deliberately watched a fight. But if someone asked me to decide whether to watch boxing or football - boxing every time.
:cool:

My oldest/first memory of boxing is the Ali vs Foreman fight, but I was only 4 1/2 :D but I remember the night clear as day, I don't remember the fght, although I've watched it at least 100 times since I'd say, but I don't remember it from that night. But I fell in love with it that night and have lived and breathed it ever since.

Nice post tho cesare

:cool:

My oldest/first memory of boxing is the Ali vs Foreman fight, but I was only 4 1/2 :D but I remember the night clear as day, I don't remember the fght, although I've watched it at least 100 times since I'd say, but I don't remember it from that night. But I fell in love with it that night and have lived and breathed it ever since.

Nice post tho cesare

Cheers! Nice thread, good idea :cool:

Back
Top Bottom