Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bought new cordless pair of phones but nowhere to connect my wifi cord to in base

I'm really worried about my mind. I got the base plugged into the socket but I don't know what this means " IMPORTANT" don't connect the phone line to a phone socket until the handset is fully charged." Sorry to sound thick but how can I charge the handset without doing this ?¿?¿

Connect the power adaptor to the phone base and plug it into a mains socket. Put the handset in the base to charge. Wait until it is charged before connecting it to the BT box with the other cables

Connect the power adaptor to the phone base and plug it into a mains socket. Put the handset in the base to charge. Wait until it is charged before connecting it to the BT box with the other cables
It's already connected to the BT box, what proBLEM will this cauws4e?

I have no idea, but unless you welded that cable in you can unplug it again while the handset is charging surely
I just did thanks. Why am I having so much difficulty?
I wonder if I am getting demen-t-i-a from all the heaedbanging, I have blood stains on the walls, as I had no trubbbbble setting my old system up, it took minutes,

Sorry to hear that - just being under stress or feeling anxious can interfere with usual function and that is probably what happened here, you started to get flustered and got muddled is probably all it is. Do you have something you can do to help relax for a bit?

That's socket 2 in my pic, with the flat white connector. Leave the power in.
It says not to, it says IMPORTANT don't plug it in until charged.
Do you think there is something wrong with my mind, as I used to be really bright and could set up the old one ten years ago really easily?
Do you think all the head butting walls has given me a kind of dementia?

Sorry to hear that - just being under stress or feeling anxious can interfere with usual function and that is probably what happened here, you started to get flustered and got muddled is probably all it is. Do you have something you can do to help relax for a bit?
That sounds reassuring, it nearly brought on a meltdown. Both phones set up now, BT box disconnected till 7pm tomorrow as it says it need 16 hours to charge. What if I get a call in the meantim?
I even had to set up a reminder on my android app to plug BT socket.
I heavily rely on my reminder app I would be lost without it.
I don't remember being this forgetful.
I've got stress I don't want to mention, big stress, and I have to see a consultant gynaecologist urgently next week, already saw one last year, gynaecological problem not resolved. I believe GP when she says not to worry about cancer as I had exploratory operation last year. I don't mind talking about gynaecologist problem, the hrt interacts with the valium I am on, messing things up gynaecologically for me.

Last edited:
It says not to, it says IMPORTANT don't plug it in until charged.
Do you think there is something wrong with my mind, as I used to be really bright and could set up the old one ten years ago really easily?
Do you think all the head butting walls has given me a kind of dementia?
You need to leave the power lead (round plug) in so the phone can charge. Then you can plug in the white rectangular plug into the BT socket. The phone charges from the mains not the phone line.

That sounds reassuring, it nearly brought on a meltdown. Both phones set up now, BT box disconnected till 7pm tomorrow as it says it need 16 hours to charge. What if I get a call in the meantim?
I even had to set up a reminder on my android app to plug BT socket.
I heavily rely on my reminder app I would be lost without it.

It may not take that long, are you expecting a call during that time? Is there any other way to be in contact with people in the meantime? (Mobile phone, email, social media etc)

It may not take that long, are you expecting a call during that time? Is there any other way to be in contact with people in the meantime? (Mobile phone, email, social media etc)
I have my mobile phone. I go get landline calls.
I had my autism video assessments on 13th Oct and 21st Oct, not got letter yet, but I did ask if she thought I had Asperger's. I got my psych to thank for speeding things through as he wrote to them. Anyway the lady said I have a lot of traits, and it is likely that I do have Asperger's. I'm cool with that, I just can't control the meltdowns.
If I didn't have irremovable stress Not gynaecology - I don't want to mention the nature of the irremovable stress and I don't want anyone quoting me, but I could prevent meltdowns by removing stress before, I can't now, so I Fear for my safety, CPN knows but nothing they can do. I am scared of myself. Even more scared of me than I was of my Dad who's temper had me peeing my pants.

I just noticed I got an extra lead as in attachment and don't know what it is.
I just showed each end of lead.
have I missed something? or what is it.?

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_233039130.jpg
    IMG_20201103_233039130.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 4
I just noticed I got an extra lead as in attachment and don't know what it is.
I just showed each end of lead.
have I missed something? or what is it.?

That is a bog standard phone cable, the larger white end goes in the BT wall phone socket and the smaller end plugs into a phone or to connect the phone line to a modem/router.

If you already had a router set up to your phone socket, it may be spare.

That is a bog standard phone cable, the larger white end goes in the BT wall phone socket and the smaller end plugs into a phone or to connect the phone line to a modem/router.

If you already had a router set up to your phone socket, it may be spare.
Thank you.

I have to agree that WiFi means no cable. Do you mean ethernet?
Ethernet cables are usually flat, a bit like a phone cable, aren’t they…? Are you meaning you want to plug your router into the phone base…? (I think that‘s what I mean, please don’t trust my smoggy brain).

Ethernet cables are usually flat, a bit like a phone cable, aren’t they…? Are you meaning you want to plug your router into the phone base…? (I think that‘s what I mean, please don’t trust my smoggy brain).
I don't know but I eventually got the phones plugged in and working with the help of everyone on this thread.

Sorry for late reply, wonder if all the undiagnosed autistic head banging has made me senile cos my last phone was harder to install but I didnt need help.

Sorry for late reply, wonder if all the undiagnosed autistic head banging has made me senile cos my last phone was harder to install but I didnt need help.
I’m glad the phone’s working. I wouldn’t over analyse it, to be frank. I think we all miss really obvious stuff sometimes.

ETA: and that little power socket wasn’t exactly obvious

Yeah seriously it took me nearly an hour to put a sim card in my new mobile earlier, I get a bit flustered about using phones and that seems to extend to setting them up too. Don't worry about it.

Yeah seriously it took me nearly an hour to put a sim card in my new mobile earlier, I get a bit flustered about using phones and that seems to extend to setting them up too. Don't worry about it.
Not liking that you got flustered, when I bought my old phones I was suffering great anxiety, but still managed to suss them out without assistance, which is why I wondered why the large amounts of head banging had made me punch drunk.

Back
Top Bottom