Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bought new cordless pair of phones but nowhere to connect my wifi cord to in base

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
Hi

I bought these cordless phones from amazon but the base has nowhere to plug my wifi lead into.
I cannot for the life of me find a pair of cordless phones with somewhere in the base to put my wifi lead in.
The ones I have now are 10yrs old and broken, but there is a place to put my wifi lead into.
I don't know what I am looking for, I rang amazon, and they couldn't help.
Here is a pic of the new phones, they look like my old ones, only there is nowhere to put wifi lead in, can anyone help thanks.
IMG_20201103_185712171.jpg

Do you mean a standard phone cable to plug into a standard phone socket? If they are WiFi then surely they don’t need a cable.

Eta...maybe they are the wrong type?

Do you mean a standard phone cable to plug into a standard phone socket? If they are WiFi then surely they don’t need a cable.
I have the cable, there is no round hole in the round bases of the new phones to plug wifi into, there is in my existing one only it is old and broken.

I have the cable, there is no round hole in the round bases of the new phones to plug wifi into, there is in my existing one only it is old and broken.
Sorry, I edited after you posted to say that maybe what you now have is the wrong type, perhaps.

Sorry, I edited after you posted to say that maybe what you now have is the wrong type, perhaps.
My existing phone is like the one I bought in the picture above, it's the right type, the main base has a hole to plug my wifi cable in. These new phones don't.
My problem is being unable to find a pair of phones like my old ones (Which are BT and look very similar to those in pic) with a hole in the base to plug my wifi cable in.
There are two cables leading off my current wifi one to plug in phone and the other to plug in socket

WiFi... cable :confused:
I'm asperger's so may not be using right words - here are photos to show

Base of phone- left hand is where square bit plugs in and right hand is round hole-hope the pics make more sense
base, left hand and right hand holes for wifi cables.jpg
Below is where lead plugs into socket
where lead plugs into socket.jpg
from phone base to openreach box - sorry I don't know the names of the connections
from phpone base to openreach box.jpgfrom phpone base to openreach box.jpg

Better still, can you post the model number of the new phone to check it’s compatible as a standard landline handset?

So what connections are on the new phones?
Just the charger which goes in socket. No round hole for wifi plug, which seems to have two wires, one with square thingy going into openreadh box and other going into base of phone.

Better still, can you post the model number of the new phone to check it’s compatible as a standard landline handset?
serial number 2029/60023 amazon said it doesn't connect to wifi, I thought they all did

Just the charger which goes in socket. No round hole for wifi plug, which seems to have two wires, one with square thingy going into openreadh box and other going into base of phone.
Are they just extension handsets? Meaning that you need one master handset that does plug into the BT socket and these are just cordless extensions, fed from the master, wirelessly?

Are they just extension handsets? Meaning that you need one master handset that does plug into the by socket and these are just cordless extensions, fed from the master?
Yeah the master headset has the base which is photographed above in my post. This is the one with the square hole for the open reach box and the round hole for the base of phone and plug goes in socket, whereas new ones are just basic plug in socket ones.
The second one is in the bedroom. Dunno why I am having such difficulty finding a replacement.

I would be inclined to plug whatever cables fit into and use your mobile to call your landline. If it rings, all is well and you don’t need to worry about it.

That cable has nothing to do with wifi, it is a phone cable
If you look at the pic of the existing phone base you will see there is two cords leading from it, here is a pic of the two plugs that go into the wall, one for wifi one for phone hope that clarifies. These two both come from base of existing phone, new phone only has connection for wall socket, no wifi
plugs.jpg

Neither of them is a wifi cable, there is no such thing. Perhaps you mean ethernet cable?

One of the two bases should have a connection for electricity and for phone, the other just for leccy.

You could have been sent two slaves (with only a leccy connection) by mistake

It all needs a good charge before it will work
I got sent master and slave, I checked.
there is only socket connection in both bases, one base is bigger (master) the other smaller (slave)

Neither of them is a wifi cable, there is no such thing. Perhaps you mean ethernet cable?
Dunno what an ethernet cable is. I have router and openreadch box, base has connection for plug for socket and the other for plug to openreadh box I think, sick of getting up and down as its cold and its in the hall.

If you look at the pic of the existing phone base you will see there is two cords leading from it, here is a pic of the two plugs that go into the wall, one for wifi one for phone hope that clarifies. These two both come from base of existing phone, new phone only has connection for wall socket, no wifi
View attachment 237213
Both of these plugs connect to the existing phone base, one plug is for openreach box the other for wall. That's as clear as I can get it.
What phones are you all using, those who use wifi?
Why am I having such difficulty buying a replacement that connects to wifi, I don't need a pair one will do.

Back
Top Bottom