Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2019

Ranbay

The same rules apply
Tickets on sale soon yeah?

Tempted to go again seen as missed out on Glasto tickets.

:D

Too expensive..... £305 for a tier 1 (if I got it) and my camper. Too many turbo lads now for me too.

Ticket launch day is this coming Thursday, 1st November -- at 7 pm.

Yes those tix are expensive, true :hmm: ... but we have a works bonus kicking in on payday (1st November! :thumbs: ) and festivaldeb's saids she's happy for me to use my better leave quota -- I'm part-time -- on going to one big festival without her (we'll be going together to a swathe of others, working Glasto included :) ). And I have Boomtown-bound mates, who are planning to go again :D

So as a one-off, it'll be Boomtown for me next year for thee first time since 2009. I have the idea of aiming for one of those slightly cheaper coach packages, which also seem to apply (when you look at the above link) to coming onsite by shuttle coach from Winchester station.

Be warned, when (if?) I do manage to get a ticket, I'll have loads of questions! :D

The only fest I'll be doing in 2019 without the camper, and just with a small tent ... I'll need to learn once again to travel very light because I can't drive it ... or maybe I'll be able to get a lift to Winchester ;)

if you can get teir one, and pay it all up front,... 5 days and installments is £265!

I'm not listening :p .... planning to go and check it all out next August whatever! Working on a little plan for me and mate (in Cheshire) to be in a syndicate of two :D for tickets next Thursday, I'll happen to have a bit more cash than normal by 1st November so let's squander! :)

Last year someone described Boomtown to me as a festival where the crew hate the punters and the security hate the crew :eek: :hmm: ;)
The security were robbing the crew left right and centre last year. Loads of reports on the crew Facebook and WhatsApp feeds. I passed thru unscathed tho.

Well it looks like I'm going now! :eek:

Friend has secured 2 tickets. No van though, festivaldeb can drive that where she wants over the weekend I'll be away.

And my main plan will be to keep clear of security as far as I can :hmm:

Whan I have time I'll reread last year's Boomtown thread here, and a few other sources ... then I can ask some questions ... :confused:

Yes - people I talked to said there was no way they'd do Boomtown again, having had their vans completely turned over by aggressive, abusive, thieving security teams.
As a punter they were perfectly fine with me, although having a pen knife confiscated out of my van whilst they let my friends through with bread knives and all sorts of knives was irritating.

I've been told by my mate that there'll be a big announcement of headliners for all the main Boomtown districts on Friday 8th February -- just checked for this date, and it's confirmed here :)

(with Napalm Death already announced for the "Earache Factory" :D :eek: )

They sent out an email of hype today and it seems they've got big plans to address the sound issues levelled at them in recent years: The Ultimate Sound Experience for CH11

"
Sound has always been central to our Boomtown journey … the team’s passion for insane bass levels is very real but with over 100 stages running till 4 am we have to pioneer new ways to keep sound from escaping the festival site and up until now we have never quite got it right, especially when quick wind changes occur, but, we ARE going to crack it for Chapter 11 and here's how…..

Chapter 10 was all about nailing the Boomtowns operations and infrastructure, we had big problems with this in Chapter 9 so needed to make things as slick as possible and we feel we nailed it. This year alongside sustainability, it’s all about sound levels. We have invested significant funding and resources into transforming the sound level experience and have employed the absolute BEST sound designers to ensure it happens.

Some insanely exciting developments are happening right now and there are currently two new sound designs being implemented for the two biggest dance stages... These solutions are ‘a world first’ pushing the ultimate boundaries, and designed specifically for Boomtown..." (click through for more deets)

as much as i love Boomtown, thats just another load of marketing bollocks. last year's 'world first' involved sticking some bits of foam behind several 10,000 - 20,000 capacity dance stages FFS :D

sooner or later they need to admit that the festival has now grown too big for the site.

I tend to be a small-stage man/what's going on at that little stage over there?-man at all fests ;) , especially at larger ones like that mega one in Somerset :p

So after splashing out for Boomtown 2019 :hmm: , it's all about focussing on the obscure shit for me.

Let's have a look at everything everywhere, my mate and I are saying right now :)

ETA : sim667 : Thoughts? :)

Thoughts on the small stages? Or the line up they've released today

Best wait on the full lineup for all areas to be released I guess! :D

But last night I was just generally commenting on how likely it'll be that myself and mate at Boomtown will be focussing on the small stages and obscure corners anyway.

Suppose I was just (drunkenly!! :oops: ) asking for your opinion on that festival approach -- I focus mostly on smaller stages, etc., at Glastonbury too.

Best wait on the full lineup for all areas to be released I guess! :D

But last night I was just generally commenting on how likely it'll be that myself and mate at Boomtown will be focussing on the small stages and obscure corners anyway.

Suppose I was just (drunkenly!! :oops: ) asking for your opinion on that festival approach -- I focus mostly on smaller stages, etc., at Glastonbury too.

Oh yeah, I mean I normally only really see a few bands on the bigger stages. Rest of the time is bimbling and seeing what I stumble on

TBH though, it looks like the Beloved Indian Blanket may be headlining this year

1549640949-line-up-poster-2019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom