Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Specials Tune?

There is so much that is just so good. But the best one; it has to be the obvious choice of Ghost Town - the full length version.

I really like 'The boiler' too but that was Special aka with Rhoda Dakar. Just thought i'd mention it, great track :cool:

Do Nothing

aaargh, I hate you. Ever since I saw this post I've been

just living in a world without meaning
I walk and walk, do nothing
I’m just living in a world without feeling
I talk and talk, say nothing

I can't get it out of my head :oops:

'Stereotype'.

The live version from the 2-Tone tour, where Ranking Roger gets loads of time and it's all so much faster than the recorded version.

It's insane, and well ahead of its time.

"All I want is my stereo...!"

I really like 'The boiler' too but that was Special aka with Rhoda Dakar. Just thought i'd mention it, great track :cool:

I hate that track... it's so dark, depressing... make a great instrumental though.

Speaking of which, weren't the Bodysnatchers a load of old shite?

I hate that track... it's so dark, depressing... make a great instrumental though.

Speaking of which, weren't the Bodysnatchers a load of old shite?
Thats what i like about 'The boiler', dark and disturbing, very disturbing, it's different.

Wasn't really into the Bodysnatchers, in fact can't even remember any tracks of theirs

On the single picture cover? The gig at Tiffany's as was now the Central Library in Coventry?

The b-side was live at Tiffany's. The a-side - Too Much and Guns of Navarone - was live at the Lyceum in London. Which is where I saw them. Supported by Dexy's.

Do Nothing or Gangsters..

No Gangsters, for the video..:cool:

1660187.jpg

One of the two best things out of Coventry, the other being Jaguar cars..

The trombones on 'C&A' are fantastic, I always loved their slightly sinister sounding stuff. That and Ghost Town had a great creepy atmosphere to them.

Thats what i like about 'The boiler', dark and disturbing, very disturbing, it's different.

Wasn't really into the Bodysnatchers, in fact can't even remember any tracks of theirs

As I recall from the Dance Crasher poster on my bedroom wall, The Bodysnatchers were nothing if not exceedingly ugly.

Specials were good n'all, but compared to today's young talent...

Lily really does show us all how it's done here. ;)

As I recall from the Dance Crasher poster on my bedroom wall, The Bodysnatchers were nothing if not exceedingly ugly.

Specials were good n'all, but compared to today's young talent...

Lily really does show us all how it's done here. ;)

bodysnatchers.gif

They look ok for that particular time though. Wouldn't have said they were ugly :)

To hard to call. Such a good band. I suppose if there could only be one track that would last forever and define The Specials and England at the time then it would have to be Ghost Town

what's that got to do with the price of fish? nobody's brought up the Specials' looks. Are the Bodysnatchers to be primarily judged on whether you'd like to shag them then?

I love 'Man at C&A', proper dubby sounds and loads of reverb on the guitar. Not sure what my favourite is however :cool:

NUCLEAR NUCLEAR ATTACK!

What he said. Also really like 'Sock it to em JB'

Oh and the bit at the beginning of 'Enjoy yourself' when Terry Hall says ' My names Terry and I'm going to enjoy my self first' -Always really cracks me up :D

Back
Top Bottom