Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best songs sung in falsetto

Whilst of couse the greatest song ever sung by a traditional falsetto that isn't Freddie, is Over and Over (Sylvesters, if not discos, finest hour)...But it feels a bit of a cheat of an answer as it's not the falsetto that packs the punch.

No. The answer of the greatest falsetto featured record is, of course, Easy Lover.

Phil Bailey (EWF singer iirc?) absolutely smashes the back doors in and suddenly Phil Collins isn't the king of MoR, but the perfect canvas for the punch of the sharpest, most beautiful voice, stunning you at every verse, at every wedding and cab journey you hear it, every time.

The guitarist on Easy Lover must be fuming. It (the guitar line) would be up there with (Eddie Van Halen on?) Beat It and, erm, every other fammous 80s guitar stomper solo efforts... But Baileys falsetto bursting over Mr Groovy Kind Of Love is the key driver in its anthemisation.:cool::thumbs:

I once heard an amazing remix of Duke's 'So In Love With You' - unfortunately I can't find it anywhere though, and all the mixes I can find are dogshit. It could be a great song, real shame it's been so poorly served.

Here's the accapella...

Prince's 'Adore' is a falsetto masterpiece but you need to go to spotify for that (its on Sign O'The Times).

I wanna be your lover is here! (great rare video from 1979 composed, arranged, produced and performed by Prince. He plays all the instruments too, as you can see) :cool: X

Brilliant as it is, Im wondering are the years off....im reading this is Frank "Sugar Chile Robinson" in the movie "No Leave, No Love (from 1946). Little Richard would have been around 12 then. Amazing though.

Billy Mackenzie does not sing in falsetto!
Sorry, my bad. Any music thread that pops up,
I always feel the need to chuck The Associates
up on it! :D
Want to introduce Billy MacKenzie
to all those who have never experienced him,
because he was just so very, very wonderful.

it's not sung in falsetto
I thought it was, and so did a lot of reviews I've found.
"Blind" features an astounding vocal turn from Hegarty, a mournful yet defiant falsetto lament about ageing that soars above a bouncy Giorgio Moroder-style synth riff.
The seeds of Anohni’s future sonic direction were perhaps sown during the creation of this epic DFA disco stormer in 2008. Never guessing that her emotional, powerful falsetto would sound this phenomenal when paired with electronic dance music, it blew me away at the time and am thrilled this avenue is going to be mined more deeply.
But fair enough if not. What about these?

I thought it was, and so did a lot of reviews I've found.

But fair enough if not. What about these?

It's a very specific thing to do with the vocal chords. Hegarty's vocal is too full throated to be falsetto - they're using the full extent of their vocal chords.
And no for the first.
Yorke sings in falsetto sometimes but not always. I'm not listening to that to find out which though as I'm having a good day so far.

Back
Top Bottom