Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best shoes for walking/stylishness?

Johnny Vodka

The Abominable Scotsman
City break to the Netherlands at the end of June. Looking for another pair of shoes/trainers that are good for doing lots of tramping around in, but are also okay for pubs and stuff. Currently have a pair of Merrells for this sort of thing. Is there any make folk would recommend more highly? Nothing too crazy expensive.

Bit late to the party. I really like Superga’s. I have several pairs in different colours, and even a pair that are fleece lined. The only thing that pissed me off was when Kate Middleton started wearing them.

Dirt cheap, really comfortable, hard wearing, smart casual - you can go out in them to most places without feeling shabby or staid, but they also work for all day sightseeing or other activity too.

url
1672650987535.jpeg

Anyway, I hope you had a great time in whatever you wore last spring.

Last edited:
Bit late to the party. I really like Superga’s. I have several pairs in different colours, and even a pair that are fleece lined. The only thing that pissed me off was when Kate Middleton started wearing them.

Dirt cheap, really comfortable, hard wearing, smart casual - you can go out in them to most places without feeling shabby or staid, but they also work for all day sightseeing or other activity too.

url
View attachment 358075

Anyway, I hope you had a great time in whatever you wore last spring.
Supergas are great for Summer. They're very comfortable alright just not waterproof. I've 2 pairs of white.....one pair is the leather version but they were not quite as comfy. They go with everything and look smart casual.

Adidas gazelle are my go to for casual wear most of the year...

Well, fair enough on the waterproof thing I guess, but he was only going to The Netherlands. In June. You don’t have to actually get in the canals.

Well, fair enough on the waterproof thing I guess, but he was only going to The Netherlands. In June. You don’t have to actually get in the canals.

Ah yeah.. 🤣

I just remember getting mine soaked in Donegal on a summers day that turned into a typical Irish summers day with 4 seasons in 24 hours.

My overall best shoes for all weathers are my docs.

Back
Top Bottom