Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best quality/value wool jumpers

TopCat

Putin fanboy
I do like a nice jumper. Back in the day it was Pringle and Aquascutum often worn with a deer stalker hat.
Mark's and Spencer offerings are really thin this year.
What's the best combination of quality and price in your view?

Last time I was looking at some very nice wooly jumpers in M&S I was put off by the +£70 price.

How much would you expect to pay for a wooly V neck long sleeved jumper?

So this 100 percent wool. Hardly cashmere. More boar bristle.
Soak in hair conditioner or fabric softener solution? Or...

So this 100 percent wool. Hardly cashmere. More boar bristle.
Soak in hair conditioner or fabric softener solution? Or...

Vinegar.
Soak it in cold water with a few tablespoons of white vinegar.
Rinse and roll in a towel.
Let it air dry.

Or.

Use conditioner.. ordinary hair conditioner. Soak the jumper in a bucket of tepid water with conditioner. Rinse in cool water. Roll in a towel to remove excess water. Air dry...

Or...

Wear a long sleeved cotton top underneath and over time the jumper will soften with wear and regular washing

Vinegar.
Soak it in cold water with a few tablespoons of white vinegar.
Rinse and roll in a towel.
Let it air dry.

Or.

Use conditioner.. ordinary hair conditioner. Soak the jumper in a bucket of tepid water with conditioner. Rinse in cool water. Roll in a towel to remove excess water. Air dry...

Or...

Wear a long sleeved cotton top underneath and over time the jumper will soften with wear and regular washing
It's slowly drying (flat). I went for the hair conditioner option. I will report on it's expected transformation into Pashmina. :)

Hair conditioner also restores shrunk wool to its original size; give the sweater that you or your unthinking friend or partner shrunk a long soak in dilute conditioner and then pull it out to its original shape.

Back
Top Bottom