Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

best british movie of all time and have you seen any decent ones lately ?

I love Eric Portman, he's superb in A Canterbury Tale.
did you know Margaret 'Gone With The Wind' Mitchell was on her way to see ACT when she was hit by a speeding car. She was knocked out, and died five days later, having never recovered consciousness.

Dead of Night (1945)

dead-of-night1.jpg

Not "great movies" by any means, but I really enjoy the modern lowish-budget British black comedies that the likes of Film4 have funded. They have a unique feel to them. Examples that spring to mind are Shallow Grave, Severance Attack the Block etc.

All else apart, they're a nice antidote to the US impression of Britain as portrayed in Mr Bean and Love Actually

Ps - Whilst googling for the name of Severance I found out that Seven Psychopaths is categorised as a 'British film' too. I had no idea. Quality film that. :cool:

did you know Margaret 'Gone With The Wind' Mitchell was on her way to see ACT when she was hit by a speeding car. She was knocked out, and died five days later, having never recovered consciousness.
I did not, I will use that piece of information to impress my friends.

When I was 16, I went to see 'Morgan: A Suitable Case For Treatment' (the film that sort of launched David Warner) and I remember being really impressed by it. But I was 16.

Recently, I tried to watch it again. I didnt really give it a decent chance but it didn't seem quite so clever and funny as I remembered and I gave up after about 10 minutes. I shall give it another chance when the opportunity arises...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_–_A_Suitable_Case_for_Treatment

Not "great movies" by any means, but I really enjoy the modern lowish-budget British black comedies that the likes of Film4 have funded. They have a unique feel to them. Examples that spring to mind are Shallow Grave, Severance Attack the Block etc.

All else apart, they're a nice antidote to the US impression of Britain as portrayed in Mr Bean and Love Actually

Ps - Whilst googling for the name of Severance I found out that Seven Psychopaths is categorised as a 'British film' too. I had no idea. Quality film that. :cool:

Never got round to seeing Severance. Worth it?

Back
Top Bottom