Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beautiful Days Festival 2009

Are you going to Beautiful Days?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me and psycherelic will be going to bd this year. We finally managed to get the online Oxfam steward application forms sorted - what a nightmare. :eek: Didn't think we were ever going to get that sorted, but we made it and just in time - there's only 5 stewarding places left for BD now...

We wanted to get to Bestival too but all the stewarding places have filled up :hmm: have tried going on to the waiting list though so fingers crossed.

Just had a lovely walk round Escot yesterday (I live in Feniton) and it is the first time I have seen the bridge - the one between the main campsite (on the hill and by the redwoods) and the arena.

I knew it got washed away when we had big floods round here, but it was the first time I thought how are they going to do BD then?

A neighbour says the Escot people won't be fixing it this year, so are they going to put up a temp thing? Maybe it won't be at Escot :hmm:

I'll not be going anyway (moving to Germany in a minute) just thought you'd like to know.

So far have not booked tickets for this despite doing the last few. Not because I don't want to go but just financially unable to plan that far in advance.

Just had the latest email though and a few old favourites on the bill:

No mention of Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs but if I was a betting man......

:D

Anyone going along this year?

Hoping too, just got to sort some practicalities out.. like the fact cant take caravan there :(

Next month I'm seeing them play Eight Legged Groove Machine in its entirety to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release :cool:

Only Malc and Miles left now of the original four :(

Oh yeah!

http://www.beautifuldays.org/

lineup additions said:
More acts announced including Richard Thompson, The Blockheads, The Wonder Stuff, Kissmet, Banco de Gaia, The Broken Family Band, The Peatbog Faeries, The Subhumans, Babar Luck, Frank Turner, Jim Moray and Pronghorn

Just seen this, fantastic new names :cool: :eek:

BFB and the Peatbogs and the Stuffies and Banco and and and :D ... Pronghorn too, never expected them!

Oh yeah! indeed. Shaping up to be a truly excellent fest this year .... :)

Moar acts confirmed

The Living End, Howard Marks, Tom Middleton, Kidda, The Fabulous Good Time Party Boys, Mellow Park with Sian Evans, Martin Harley Band, Mr Nice, Maxxi P, Uno, Destruction, Aural Imbalance, MC Jonny G, Dread MC, Mello D, Ben & Lex, James Gill, DJ Andromeda

PLUS comedy in The Little Big Top from Duncan Oakley, Jeff Innocent, Martin Soan, Liam Mullone, Keith Platt, Mitch Benn, Barry Castagnola, Garry Delaney with compere Scary Dave

Back
Top Bottom