Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory Festival - news and discussion

I'm skipping it for this year, haven't bought a ticket and the thought of the headache getting to site on public transport is just too much to bother with.

Weather's horrific :D God knows what we'll show up tomorrow after everyone has churned it up today. Taking extra knitting.

If you were thinking of bunking down under the trees at the top of Catton field it's being reported as very wet and muddy by my sources.

I had a bloody great time! Ace to see so many urbs and old mates, got my rave on big time, and my storm-delayed set went really well (amazingly so given I'd chain-smoked spliffs since the Friday 😄). Also, parked and camped in the driest spot on the entire site, praise be to artist camping 👍

Well that was loadsa fun in the end, not too much mud and good boots made it doable. Lovely to see folks for a catch up. Might even go again next year. :hmm:

We love the look of this lineup so far. Tbh, I didn't really enjoy it as much this year, the weather and mud certainly didn't help. I dunno if it's just an ageing thing but sometimes if I'm just not feeling it I can't just get into it anymore. Also, sounds completely like the uncool middle aged man I totally am but usually we really enjoy the karaoke its actually a good craic but this year it was crap, you couldn't hear it. Anyway, Iggy fookin' Pop, worth going for him alone imo!

The Pixies are here in the UK around the same time. I have mixed feelings about that. If they play I suspect that might be my must see headliner that quickly turns into big disappointment headliner. All banter of course, they may not have booked them.

We love the look of this lineup so far. Tbh, I didn't really enjoy it as much this year, the weather and mud certainly didn't help. I dunno if it's just an ageing thing but sometimes if I'm just not feeling it I can't just get into it anymore. Also, sounds completely like the uncool middle aged man I totally am but usually we really enjoy the karaoke its actually a good craic but this year it was crap, you couldn't hear it. Anyway, Iggy fookin' Pop, worth going for him alone imo!
Yes the mud was something else. I'm sure I had several kilos of Catton Halls finest stuck on my trolley wheels and boots by the time I got back to the car.

I have bought tickets. Fuck me that is expensive, I think the most I spent last year was £100ish, and one festival was £30.
But I did miss going to a big festival.

The line up so far looks like Iggy, Lovely Eggs, Merry Hell, Jess Silk then back and forth between the Tea Tent and Convoy Cabaret.

Suddenly the thick end of four hundred quid sounds like quite a lot.

Got to be honest, barring Iggy and the Sisters of Mercy, I'm rather underwhelmed and can't justify the £500 it would be costing the two of us. Most of the other acts I would want to see are already appearing at other smaller festivals I'm going to next year.

On a personal level, a few things have happened in this last week that have made me decide to go to Call of The Wild and save around £200 the following weekend instead.

Back
Top Bottom