Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory 2019

William of Walworth

Festographer
R.I.P.
Back again over the late May Bank Holiday weekend, Thursday 23rd to Sunday 26th May :)

The Bearded Theory November newsletter has released some of next year's lineup. Suede, The Skatalites, Steel Pulse, Justin Sullivan and the Angelic Upstarts (! :p ) among the bigger names so far, but the main acts and headliners for the Saturday and Sunday haven't been released yet. Lots of good looking smaller acts though for the Woodland Stage, I thoroughly recommend The Blunders for instance.

Also, reassuringly for campervan people especially, they say this

Bearded Theory said:
Gates open at 9am on the Thursday next year and all campervan/caravan pitches have been marked out in advance. You will then be accredited after you have been parked up. We now have below 500 campervan/caravan passes left available to purchase

So with luck, last year's utter chaos on entry, with huge traffic queues and many-hours-long waits for many :facepalm:, should be avoided (or at least minimised) given that ridiculous holdups for campervans were the prime cause.

That spoilt the start of an otherwise excellent festival for us back in May,:mad: :hmm: but we've already had various reassurances about Bearded sorting stuff out, and we'll definitely be back -- we already have tickets and van pass :) :cool:

Any other Urbans planning to be there?? :) Those superb beers from Thornbridge Brewery will no doubt be back in the beer tents :D

Last edited:
edwinchester : Yes, I heard that as well :) ... Bearded people told me thay were really unhappy about how things went last year, and some responsible (from old van parkup crew) have been sacked.

More reassuringly than any of that though : Gail and Something Else Tea Tent will be back :cool: , despite at one point her saying they never would come back because of all sorts of hassle last May.

So if Gail's crew are happy to return after all, so are we :cool: :)

Bearded always sort stuff out. As far as I know they're getting a professional parking team in next year to make things go smoother
This year was supposed to be a professional parking team, but according to eyewitness reports, it was run by some megalomaniac woman who made a right hash of everything and refused assistance* from anyone who tried to help.

I worked on the CV fields in 2014. Despite never having done it before, we seemed to get everyone parked-up without too much hassle or backlog (apart from some band who attempted to park in the main thoroughfare and held everyone up until we persuaded them to shift.)

Back on subject - yes we also have tickets! :)

*i.e. shouted down.

It's on the friggin border nitpicky!
:D IT was definitely in Wales though, no wonder wiskey is confused.

Here's the proof

glyn-ceiriog-llangollen-01.jpg

N'aww, great photo :D Me and her fell out that weekend and I dumped her when we got home :D

But the walking weekend thread still said it was Shropshire :mad::D

Back
Top Bottom