Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

editor

hiraethified
I'm sure she's absolutely lovely in person and all that, but there's only so many times I can be implored to fucking "Twitter in what you think" in a morning, or hear about her husband, or her kid.

The show is on BBC 6 Music. Not BBC 6 "Twitter us NOW" (with a bit of) Music.

:facepalm:

I find her unlistenable too. She's a chronic name-dropper, constantly mentioning who she knows and has interviewed, without then following that up with any further information.

The stuff about her husband and kid I'm with you on but the Twitter thing is probably baked into a BBC contract.

I like Lauren Laverne though. Her sense of humour tickles me.

At least Lamb was controversial. Sure he was a dick but it was fun seeing the amount of people getting wound up by him. It was entertaining. We don't have many controversial DJs left on daytime radio the UK any more.

Laverne is just plain dull... just like most of the daytime 6 Music DJs sadly.

When I listen I like Lauren Laverne on Radio 6. I don't listen to her show very regularly so this is perhaps why she has not started to irritate yet.

Most annoying is Steve Lamacq. He a music bore who has even more boring nerds calling in.

Does anyone know what happened to Vic McGlynn who had an afternoon show a while back? She was ace.

Laverne is just plain dull... just like most of the daytime 6 Music DJs sadly.

The line up of DJs in the daytime 8 years ago was excellent: Phil Jupitas and Andrew Collins being two notable ones.

But today they are all really very boring - none of them seem to have any passion for good music or demonstrate any world view.

This is why I can't get that excited about saving the station.

Someone repeatedly going 'shabba' in a less than amusing voice and acting like King Tit Prefect of a lesser public school is not controversial in any way.

There again Laverne is shitter than a particularly shit thing. The future direction of 6Music is a concern tbh

I think she's alright, bright & breezy morning froth yeah but certainly a lot more palatable than Lamb's fucking twat-a-thon. When's that 'save 6music' protest outside Broadcasting House, this coming Sat is it?

I don't listen to 6 so much during the day, usually spend mornings catching up on the weekend's shows; Collins & Herring, Maconie's Freak Zone, Jarvis etc and flick over to Elms & Baker on BBC LDN in the afternoons.

The line up of DJs in the daytime 8 years ago was excellent: Phil Jupitas and Andrew Collins being two notable ones.

But today they are all really very boring - none of them seem to have any passion for good music or demonstrate any world view.

This is why I can't get that excited about saving the station.
The station seems unable to make up its mind whether it should be staying true to its original brief - and be a station focused primarily on the music - or keep trying to attract new listeners by adding Radio One-lite 'personality' presenters who talk inane shite all day (current example: Laverne inviting people to Twitter in what Spring means to them).

207681.jpg

I remember her bank - Kineckie? - NME reckoned she was a genious becuase she got some good A-levels :D

Yeah but massive sense of humour failure on Davies' part too.

He could've just played along with the spelling bee instead of getting in a huff.
He's a grown man. Why should he have to play along to an infantile twat and his giggling piss-taking cohorts?

DC: Cerys would be ace in the morning.

I like Lauren Laverne though. Her sense of humour tickles me.

me too, although I've not heard her on this breakfast thing and the Twitter stuff does sound quite grating.

Ed - perhaps you could twitter something about your irritation? :D

there's always Chris Evans on Radio 2!

or dignity phobic Paul Ross on BBC London.

spoilt for choice

She also sings chorus on Divine Comedy's 'Come Home Billy Boy'
Lovely song that.

I'm not a massive fan of Lauren Laverne- generally find her a bit irritating on 6music and the Culture Show, but at least she's not dreadful like that **** she replaced. Her show's not for me, but it's possible that she could bring in a younger listener demographic, that would help the continuation of the station beyond the proposed closure in 2011?
He could've just played along with the spelling bee instead of getting in a huff.
Frankly, the idea of 'playing along' with Lamb's inane fuckwittery sounds about as appealing as driving hot rusty nails into my balls. Fair play to Mr Davies for fucking him off.

I'd also love to hear much more Cerys on 6music (new Sunday show starts April 4th), unfortunately, I guess her new kid and her gig schedule make this impossible.

I once had to drag Lauren Laverne out of the road one reading festival back in the nineties while she sat there oblivious to danger (pissed) and throwing things out of her handbag.

Back
Top Bottom