Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC axes Never Mind the Buzzcocks after 20 years

I always really loathed when he struck a "funny" pose or expression he held it far longer than he should have, much like Hugh Dennis.

[Phill Jupitus] He only got the job because someone mistook him for Bill Bailey.

on a tangent Jools Holland is currently in series 42....I dont hate the Jools Holland format but music programming on tv is utter shit.... we need to go back to the 80s/90s era, Snub TV, Rapido, Dance Energy, Oxford Roadshow and countless others....

CH4 did that all night dj thing once a couple of years back now - I dont understand why something like that isnt on every weekend

It should have gone years ago, the funniest guest host I happened to see by accident was Josh Groban.
Should have been wound up when Lamarr chucked in.

I did skip it for a while after they went host-of-the-week, since it was bloody awful. I think I stopped on it briefly just after Rhod Gilbert (a guy I don't normally think much of) started hosting, and I have to agree with ed - it was better than it'd been since Lamarr left. Only to be cruelly cut down immediately after.

I liked the early shows, unfortunately, the longer it went on the more contrived it became and much spontaneity lost.

Does anyone remember the show with Lammar with a prop music box?

Every time he'd opened it it played a tune. But in was just a prop, someone in the directors booth had to cue a sound effect. So lamaar spent the whole show whipping it out randomly just to pisd him off?

TV has been a welcome absence in my house as I have no capacity whatsoever for the usual crapulous lazy reality shows, horrible quiz formats with old men no longer being amusing (just boring, pace Paul Merton) and dreary 'talent' shows...and now that the latest season of poverty voyeurism is ramping up, my blood pressure is no longer at risk in a TV-less home. Sweetheart has been whining about sport but he can fuck off to the pub, frankly.

Back
Top Bottom