Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Battersea Power Station, Nine Elms and Vauxhall - redevelopment plans and news

Hideous temple to the gods of retail.

Real shame as it's a lovely building, they could have done something better and more community-centred with it.
I was really shocked by how awful it was. Completely devoid of character. Filled with boring shops and rubbish eateries.

I think the area outside has been developed quite well. It all looks really modern and new and great but at the end of the day, the whole place is just a shopping centre. So disappointing.

I think the area outside has been developed quite well. It all looks really modern and new and great but at the end of the day, the whole place is just a shopping centre. So disappointing
Sorry to disagree; the area outside if foul. Loads of high rise and you can barely see the power station. Just a huge city of flats.

Sorry to disagree; the area outside if foul. Loads of high rise and you can barely see the power station. Just a huge city of flats.
Fair point. It's not my ideal neighbourhood but I think it looks pretty swanky.

I've never going back though 😆

I work almost next to there now and it’s a very weird place indeed.

It’s expensive as fuck and all feels very artificial, I liken it to an residental version of Canary Wharf. There’s all this stuff but I’m not sure who exactly it’s for as we live very different lives

One of the funniest things is this. I gather people are objecting to it because it's costs a fortune to maintain which they pay for through their service charges.
Nb. I also work close to it
1726912670689.png

Can't believe how much it has changed since I used to go to the tip there when I lived in the area. It was all derelict and had some good, subtle examples of industrial architecture like interesting old walls :D That would be 2007.

Kind of tempted but not tempted iyswim.

Can't believe how much it has changed since I used to go to the tip there when I lived in the area. It was all derelict and had some good, subtle examples of industrial architecture like interesting old walls :D That would be 2007.

Kind of tempted but not tempted iyswim.
Those were the days. When I were a lad....

Back
Top Bottom