Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bands You Like... But Do You Really?

[62]

This week the score draws are plentiful
I've got a load of Butthole Surfers records. I haven't listened to any of them in about 30 years. Come to think of it, the only one I ever really listened to was Hairway to Steven. For all the hype, they were basically Lynyrd Skynyrd on acid, and even then mainly Lynyrd Skynrd.

Admit it, who do you think you like but really they're a bit crap.

Cold War Kids. The band name sucks and the music is self-pitying, whingey and preachy, sort of like me at my worst, when I know I've lost an argument but won't own up to it like a grown up. They also remind me of a guy I knew who was their fan and a dickhead.
However, I enjoy playing them loud all the same.

I've got a load of Butthole Surfers records. I haven't listened to any of them in about 30 years. Come to think of it, the only one I ever really listened to was Hairway to Steven. For all the hype, they were basically Lynyrd Skynyrd on acid, and even then mainly Lynyrd Skynrd.

Admit it, who do you think you like but really they're a bit crap.
I'd probably go along with that.
I really liked Jimi and would listen to locust abortion a lot at the time, the widowermaker b sides but have not really put them on since the early 90s. I played the Widowermaker b-s
I bought a Leary LP and tired of it immediately, and got hold of an rare LP in 2010 that I coveted as a teen (just for being so expensive in the shop). . . but that got less than one full play.
Some interesting bits, but they just seemed to be winging it and then became boring as shit (pepper etc).

Do I actually like the Cramps? Probably not a lot when I really think about it.

The Buttholes were excellent you philistine and still get the odd play from me (everything from Pioughd onwards was shit though).

I used to be a huge fan of obscure but influential metal band Kings X as a teen and have very fond memories of their gigs but struggle to get anything out of their music now.

I do wonder what I was thinking during my Wonder stuff/Ned's Atomic Dustbin phase but that's just embarrassing rather than something I would still claim to like.

...I really like Larryland.

Other than that, hmmm. I can definitely think of bands that I liked when I was younger that I'm less enthusiastic about now, but not sure if that's the question.

Butthole surfers Rocky and Pepper are classics, haven't listened to anything else of theirs for 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom