Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athletics

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
For many, athletics = Olympics (or maybe the other way round, I can't decide :hmm: ).

Starting off with one of my favourite events, the heptathlon, with us double-barrelleds well represented :cool:

Always thought I'd have been decent at the heptathlon. Aside from being a bloke. Decathlon just has too many strength events :( :oops:

I'm so excited about the athletics! I think these Olympics will be a step - or games - too far for some past champions. Bolt, Jess, Mo, Rudisha, Fraser-Pryce, Dibaba (Tirunesh).

I'm getting food in for the next couple of weeks...

I've got no work and no responsibilities and I intend to sit on my sofa and relish the exertions of others.:cool:

I can't be on the sofa as I'm at work :mad: although I am currently sitting in a park between appointments:cool:

Love the athletics :cool:

I am at work, doing absolutely nothing. Great start from our Jess, not too bad from KJT. Gonna have to find a pub to watch it in tomorrow

I am not in front of the TV but in the garden as the weather is good and the small one can be entertained with sand!

However WiFi extends into the garden so athletics, rowing and even dressage. Get in!

However WiFi extends into the garden so athletics, rowing and even dressage. Get in!
I've been contemplating doing the same with either the park or my balcony, but with only my tablet I can't switch between sports as fast as I'd like.

Plus the outside is full of danger and peril :hmm:

Women's 10k. I think Jo Pavey could do well because she's solid and she's got a faster finish these days.

But Ayana will romp it. She's usually spectacular.

Cram and... ah bollix, Brendan thingy, anyway, those two, they're going loopy over the 10,000m pace. "Unbelievable", "never seen a race like it"...

Cram and... ah bollix, Brendan thingy, anyway, those two, they're going loopy over the 10,000m pace. "Unbelievable", "never seen a race like it"...
Thingy? Brendan Thingy??!! That's Brendan Bloody Foster you're talking about!

Amazing race, Ayana is truly stupendous

Ayana just carved up Wang Junxia's previously 'impossible' world record.

Impossible because Wang's record was looked on with some suspicion by athletics commentators (though nothing was proved).

Back
Top Bottom