Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Argentina v Saudi

Idaho

blah blah blah
Footage cut as the Saudis were singing their national anthem. Does it have some line about their right to embargo neighbours that say things they don't like?

Saudi playing a very high back line and happy for it to be scrappy in the midfield.

I must say that I hate how divey South American teams are.

Easy job being an itv pundit. You only have to speak for about 30 seconds at half time in between adverts.

Posted too soon. Saudis still in this. Argentine forwards need to stop leaning quite so much.

And I've learned something new about offside. The t-shirt line.

Would it be sensible to change offside so that it's just about where the feet are?

Would it be sensible to change offside so that it's just about where the feet are?
Yes, and with something like the goal line technology, so the lino gets a buzz whenever someone's in an offside position. Obviously, they'd still need to decide whether this was at the point the ball was played, and whether they were interfering (though, personally, I'd do away with the latter, as it leaves too much to interpretation, which means inconsistency).

Not much of a football fan and at a bit of a loose end today so I'm watching the game and it's a WTF moment. No fan of Saudi as a country but if they win this then well played.

Women were only allowed into stadiums there four years ago. Still not allowed to travel abroad without a man's permission.

It's just so fucking depressing. In a way maybe its a good thing this bullshit is being hosted in the middle east to make people more aware of how fucked up society is there.

Back
Top Bottom