• France after extra time

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Argentina penalties

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • France penalties

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm picking my wife up from work at 8pm and am under strict instructions not to spoil the score, so we can go home and watch the second half together (I dropped her off at half time when Argentina were winning 2-0).

Going to be tough, this one.
Does she work in a basement on her own?

Going to be hard to avoid finding out.

Reactions: Ax^
Deschamps has been brilliant throughout the tournament with his subs and tactical changes, manager of the tournament.
He came second but if we're going down that route, surely the Moroccan guy who only took up the job this year did a better job than Deschamps with what he had available.

argentina deserved to win and seeing macron go from cheering in the stands to consoling a devastated Mbappe on the pitch was pretty great
Anyway tomorrow is another day and I'm sure Macron will sell the Qataris more military gear. So glad that France lost.

comparing him to Maradona is a little harsh

Maradona won a world cup on his own with the only assistance being Cocaine

so much Cocaine....

Last edited:
Depends if they watch her show. She does the biggest D&D show outside of USA, so maybe...
Fair play to your missus :cool:

never got massive into D&D myself as it was more an excuse to smoke weed as my DM was my dealer at the time
but have a few friends still massive into it and running discord servers on the subject

Iconic image 😂

FkSDRVWWQAEM6mg

Both the French players who missed their penalties were black. Hope that doesn't work out the way it did here.

If you ignore the first 70 minutes.
Sure, thought that kind of added to the drama as well. In any event, whereas France got completely outclassed and outsmarted for most of the normal time, which is a great credit to Argentina’s manager, they are far better a side than the first two thirds of normal time would suggest. If the match had finished 2-0 to Argentina it would have been a fair outcome, yet a distorted prism of France’s overall campaign. Not to mention their recovery ultimately delivering the most fantastically gripping WC final in my lifetime.

And even the French would be hard pressed to contest that the ultimate outcome was the right one. In all, the way it turned out felt more like a film script than what you’d expect to happen in a WC final. Fucking great all round (ignoring the wider human rights issues).

Back
Top Bottom