Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you looking forward to the Opening Ceremony

what's happening?

vintage paw - why are you crying?

It was pretty impressive, and I'm a sucker for sentimental shit, regardless of how cuntish the sentimental subject is :D

(I'm not proper crying or owt, just felt a bit of a tingle in the old nose is all)

what's happening?

vintage paw - why are you crying?

Lots of past Chinese Olympians did the usual lap of the stadium each passing the flame onto each other in a relay.

The final guy was hoisted up into the air 'crouching tiger' style, he was the manovered to the top of the stadium where he 'ran' in slow mo, along the rim of the stadium, on a constantly unfolding background of the same design of 'auspicious clouds' on the Olympic torch.

This background then turned into a mosaic/ montage of VT footage of the torch's journey around the world.

The Olympic cauldron is itself a spiral shaped torch; it lifted out of the stadium roof and the athlete set light to it. The flame spiralled up and lit the cauldron. AMAZING.

just finished watching the ceremony.
missed the beginning part though.
bbc broadcasted it online and we watched it over the internet at work. :D

it was very impressive of how the huge fire was lit at the end. :cool:

that'd be real cheese.

it was really cool how Li Ling was flying up the sky running in mid-air!

I'll concede it was deeply cool, but Vangelis' Chariots of Fire tune was missing.
Still thats one more for 2012. High 5!

What? Even the smile face ones. I thought they were ace :)

Oh yeah!!! and the ones that spread out before exploding into little bits? and the one's that looked like water fountains? AWESOME!!!!

And I loved how they used the whole city as a canvass - stuff going off here and there - and don't even get me started on the 28 (29?) "footsteps" leading up to the start of it all!!!

WELL DONE CHINA!!!!

(I really have to go to one of those fireworks competitions so I don't sound so nieve)

I was just joking--THEY WERe AMAZING:cool:, but kinda polluted the already rancid atmosphere and stuck two fingers up to their green theme:rolleyes::D

:oops: As spectacular as they were, all I could think of was the pollution.

Kind of a quandary isn't it? Your city is polluted and can't breathe, so you should restrict fireworks - or - you invented gunpowder, so you have to do it because..... Nasty choice!!!

What they really need is a good, hard rain to clean the air.

Agree that their green theme is a bit laughable. I read that that the American team were made to apologise for wearing masks.

I wouldn't like to be a marathon runner that's for certain :(

It was still a great opening ceremony though...

Agree that their green theme is a bit laughable. I read that that the American team were made to apologise for wearing masks.

I wouldn't like to be a marathon runner that's for certain :(

It was still a great opening ceremony though...

yes it was beautiful and me and my daughter shared a moment watching it!!- but i have to say that march the fucking flag carrying soldiers did was well disturbing!!!!:eek:

Bagpipes. I fucking hate bagpipes. What the hell are they doing there?

They were invited :p:cool:

An amateur pipe band from Scotland today described being hand-picked to perform at the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony 'like winning the lottery'.
The small Dundee band were spotted by Chinese officials when playing abroad last year and thought it was a joke when asked to play at the prestigious event.

The Mains of Fintry Pipe Band, whose members include a decorator, a fireman and a meat inspector, had to keep their biggest-ever show secret ahead of the Games.

Even family members were said to have been surprised when they watched the band march out into the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom